512 bourbon barrel aged double pecan porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just down in Austin last week and I had a glass of the "plain old" Pecan Porter at Draught House. Awesome stuff.

Their open houses are always sooo crowded but unresistable. Seems like they have 3 or or 4 per year.

I wouldn't dare try to clone 512, I wouldn't do it justice.

Just had my first Pecan Porter and it was one mighty fine pint! I'd love to know how y'alls brews turned out if you tried this one. And if anyone could throw me a recipe that'd be cool too.

Thanks

I tried the Whiskey Barrel Aged Double Pecan Porter and it was badly infected, receiving drainpour status.

Ouch. I'm very sorry for your loss :(

But I assume you're gonna try it again, right? And do you mind sharing your recipe with those in need? I still haven't gotten my stuff together for it yet but I do wonder how damn tasty it could be if done right

I doubt I will come across another bottle of it as the quantity released was very limited. I did get a chance to try the regular Double Pecan Porter from a growler and it was pretty tasty.

Fixing to bottle mine tonight, but that's a long wait till it's ready. I might have to check out the Saucer if they still have it

Back