Been Kegging want to bottle a few

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orion7144

Reaction score
Like the title says.... My next batch I want to put some in bottles to see the difference in aging. I have a bunch of the sugar and bottle caps but am unsure how much sugar I should put in each bottle since I will only be doing around 12 bottles.

Thanks

They sell individual tablets that might be easier if your going to just a small lot.

I don't keg, but if it was me, I would wait until it is time to bottle/keg, transfer to bottling bucket, batch prime with the help of a calculator, bottle whatever amount I wanted to bottle and put the rest into a keg (probably purge the keg with CO2 as well). I might also put just a little extra CO2 into the keg as you will have extra open space compared to what you normally have. Then let the keg carb from the sugar.

I think that's the main design of the beer gun. Hooks to your keg, then purges the co2 while dispensing the beer into the bottle. I think they're about $50

DRonco said:
I think that's the main design of the beer gun. Hooks to your keg, then purges the co2 while dispensing the beer into the bottle. I think they're about $50

I agree but figured, why waste $50 just to bottle a few.

I just decided to do this as well so I can hand some out more easily.

As Brewgeek said there are tabs, not very expensive, you drop some in the bottle & it carbs.

Actually I was hard at work emptying up some bottles last night for just this purpose. I read to clean after use, sanitize before use. I thought I'd soak em in hot water to get the labels off but this didn't work. Does this matter?

I plan on cleaning scrubbing w/ hot water (no product), then dunking the tops in sanitizer, then filling them w/ sanitizer.

I think I'll have stupid looking beer w/ another brewery's label on the bottle but the contents should be fine...

The DIY beer guns are great and aren't that expensive. Now that I have one, I bottle more than I ever thought I would.

I usually brew up between 12 and 14.5 gallons. I keg 10 and then use bottle carb drops for the rest. Works great if you end up with an odd number of gallons that you cant fit into a keg or dont want to fill the next keg part way.

Back