Out of CO2, Need to Carbonate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poppy360

Reaction score
Hmmm, I have a problem. I just ran out of CO2 and won't be able to get more til Monday. I posted another thread about carbonating for my jockey box and it was posted that I could carbonate for 3 weeks at 70F @35-40PSI...or I could prime with 1/3 priming sugar.

Will 19 days (keg on Monday) at 70F @40 PSI be enough to carbonate my kegs or should I just prime with sugar and KNOW that my kegs will be carbonated for a party I'm having on Sat, Sept. 15?

i've never carb'd at warmer temps.

however, if your party isn't for 3 weeks from today...why are you sweating it at all? go refill CO2 on Monday and put it back on gas.

otherwise, prime it and remember you'll need to discard the first couple of draws as it'll be full of yeast sediment from the priming.

Get more CO2 on mon. My kegs have never taken more than 7-10 days to carb, and I carb/serve at 12 PSI. High pressures are really only needed to force carbonate quickly.

Good Luck!

Back