The worst brew day ever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmunos

Reaction score
Ok maybe not the worst but I started brewing and nothing went right. I only got 7 gallons of beer in a 10 gallon batch. I did everything i could to get more wort, but nothing worked. Then To make matters worse it started to rain on me during the boil. It was only a 30 percent chance of rain today. then to top it off right when i put the beer in the fridge the POWER for my block... Just my block... went out! So now I only have 7 gallons os warm beer

**wasnt all bad I did have my yeast blow up my airlock!

photo.jpg

Man thats sucks dont it just peez you off when your power is out and you look down the street and everybody else has juice.
But a bad day of brewing is still better than a good day at work.

you obviously didn't do "everything" to get more wort....you could have just topped up with 3 gallons of tap water. haha...dickhead comment of the day. But on a serious note, were you using whole hops....I tend to always end up a little shy of final volume when I use whole hops from my yard vs pellet hops from the LHBS.

Yes I was? But i didnt get enough wart from the Mash? I poured 13 gallons in and got 7 out? and I checked to see if there was a ton of water in my dead space and it was bone dry? the grain just soaked up all of my water?

Back