Bucket question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArroganceFan

Reaction score
I am moving on to my second batch today, and have a quick sanitizing question. In my first kit i got a bucket of the LME that I saved, I believe its about half gallon size. Can I use that as my sanitizing bucket? Fill it up with starsan, or will the flavor be absorbed by the starsan and transfer to the equipment for this batch? I dont want an IPA flavored hefe.

As long as you thoroughly clean it out it will be fine for use as a sanitizer bucket.

Only downside to using that as a sanitizer bucket is it's size. Might be a bit small, but hey, it's not the size that matters!!! HAHAHAH!!!! I crack myslef up!!! No, seriously though, I know that every time I get to sanitizing stuff I get out my big bucket and do up at least 2 gallons. Then I can rest my spoon in it, or my racking cane in it and it won't fall over(have yet to get a paint tray for my racking cane... damn memory, can NEVER remember that when i go to the hardware store!) But that's just me. If you can restrain yourself to just under a half gallon of sanitizer that would be awesome!!! Won't have to buy as sanitizer much as me!:ban:

Back