CO2 tank inside or out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't matter. It will work both ways. I guess it just depends on if you want to run a CO2 line through the wall and free up some space for another keg or keep it simple and put the tank in the freezer. For me I can leave it in and fit the same number of kegs either way.

The gauge that shows how much pressure is in your tank will be lower if you put it the cold kegerator, but it will last just as long in or out.

It's easier to check and adjust when it is outside the kegerator. The fill gauge will work better when it is at room temp as well, as the reading is useless when inside the kegerator (not accurate).

Here's a question I'm interested in - is there a conversion factor available for CO2 inside?

I haven't drilled out my fridge yet but I'm going to picnic tap my kegs for now until I get it all schemed out, but that requires me keeping the CO2 in the fridge for now.

Is there a detrimental effect on the regulator from moisture inside the keezer condensing on (and inside ?) the regulator; i.e., corrosion of regulator internal parts?

inside here. I don't think I could fit a third keg in there anyway but I can squeeze 2 kegs and a 10lb tank

I put it outside, you can use a 20 lb tank and not take up any room inside. I ran 3 vinyl lines through the back( from 3 separate regs) I just drilled holes and used rubber grommets to put the lines through. If you are only going to go with 1 line you can get a mfl bulkhead for a cleaner look.

It doesn't matter. It will work both ways. I guess it just depends on if you want to run a CO2 line through the wall and free up some space for another keg or keep it simple and put the tank in the freezer. For me I can leave it in and fit the same number of kegs either way.

The gauge that shows how much pressure is in your tank will be lower if you put it the cold kegerator, but it will last just as long in or out.

idk will ideal gas laws work?

PV=nRT?

:drunk:

Latest posts

Back