New Glarus IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
I just brought home a sixer of New Glarus IPA. I previous have consumed quite a few of their Fat Squirrels and thought it was pretty good. I can't say the same for their IPA. It tastes like a marzen made from extract, but with extra hops. Too much molasses flavor for my taste.

I much prefer the IPA from Goose Island. There's tastes fresh and almost citrusy, and with lots and lots of hops. Not only that, but it seems to have a high alcohol content. I was upset today, though, to read somewhere in another thread that apparently A-B bought them about 6 months ago? That's distressing.

The one thing I hope they never change is their bottles. They are almost identical to the ones my LHBS sells. I tend to buy non-screw top beers even if they're not always my favorites so that I can save the bottles. NG labels soak off really easy, too.

Any of you Wisconsinites drinking Slab City? It was a favorite brewery of mine in college but alas I no longer know what ther line up includes. If you get the chance, I highly recommend it.

hialtitude said:
Any of you Wisconsinites drinking Slab City? It was a favorite brewery of mine in college but alas I no longer know what ther line up includes. If you get the chance, I highly recommend it.

I haven't seen Slab City around lately- are they still making it? I looked at Woodmans a few months ago, and don't recall seeing it.

Back