Brewery Name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilrascal

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well I got my fist batch of brew in my primary fermenter. It may be early in my brewing hobby, but the wife has been bugging me to come up with a name. We have a 5lb Yorkie do that we adore (I know a real manly dog). We were thinking of the name Dinky Dog Brewing. What do people think? I know there are lots of names with the word dog in them, but I couldn't find any reference to a Dinky Dog Brewing on here or google. Just looking for feedback.

I use to have a yorkipoodle and they are REAL manly (as long as no one see's you with it) LOL..

I actually like the name it be cool for a real cartoony image w/ big eyes looking half wasted. lol..

and BrewBrand Creative would love to do the logo for ya. ;)

Dinky Dog Brewing...I like it! A tiny dog wearing a bottle cap hat and some "drunk bubbles" would be pretty cool for a logo...kinda like a dinky dog equivalent of a lampshade!

Anything with "Dog" in the name works for me. :D

yorkie.jpg

Dinky Dog makes me think of "Dinky Di" dogfood, from the 2nd Mad Max movie. I like the idea of a tiny dog sitting next to a really BIG beer. I think Jake is on to something here... Like 1 of those "teacup" breeds sitting next to a big liter sized frest stein full of beer, maybe with some foam running down the outside... Or maybe the dog can DRINK From the stein <LOL>
Regards, GF.

Well Dinky Dog Brewing it is!!! You guys have come up with some great ideas. I am pretty sure I will be contacting Brew Brand Creative to design some type of logo. Don't be afraid to keep the ideas coming. Thanks again.

Don't know if yours is like a buddy of mines, but that little thing yaps all day long. You could name your first beer "Dinky Dog Yapper Ale".

PM sent to Coy about possibility of logo design.

I know I am ahead of myself since I haven't even drank my first batch yet, but I can tell you I already have the bug. :D

It's cute and all, but not very original. A lot of people who name their brews, name it after their dog....or street.

It's time to start an aquarium fish naming movement.

PM sent to Coy about possibility of logo design.

I know I am ahead of myself since I haven't even drank my first batch yet, but I can tell you I already have the bug. :D

We are always looking forward to working with new people.. Can't really call them clients since we are in contact continously and become more like friends throughout the process.

I've almost finished off my first batch and really need to start another just can't decide what I want to make yet. LOL

It's time to start an aquarium fish naming movement.

I've never named fish before but maybe this will make yo feel better. ;)
madfish5.jpg

We are always looking forward to working with new people.. Can't really call them clients since we are in contact continously and become more like friends throughout the process.

The man's not lying, folks. Coy and Josh have been working on a logo for me for a few weeks and its been great. I'll be sure to post it and sing their praises when we get a final version, but to all those on the fence...send them a message and put them to work!

The man's not lying, folks. Coy and Josh have been working on a logo for me for a few weeks and its been great. I'll be sure to post it and sing their praises when we get a final version, but to all those on the fence...send them a message and put them to work!

+2 on that! :mug:

I have contacted Brew Brand Creative to design my logo. I am still open to ideas and suggestions regarding the logo. Feel free to toss anything out there. Also will eventually need a slogan, though that may be easier to think of once I see the logo.

I'll be working on some sketches this weekend. I've been getting some other work finished up. ;)

I have contacted Brew Brand Creative to design my logo. I am still open to ideas and suggestions regarding the logo. Feel free to toss anything out there. Also will eventually need a slogan, though that may be easier to think of once I see the logo.

"The dog is dinky, the beer isnt"

Here is a first concept.. Went with a puppy look instead of the older long haired Yorkie's
it would get some adjustments when it's in illustrator like giving better depth perceptions and things like that. ;)

Let me get your thoughts.
DinkyDog.bmp

Thanks to Coy for posting his sketches for my brewery logo. I had asked that we post it here because I think it is great to get the collaboration of the forum. You guys always have great input (I am not very creative at all).

My initial thoughts are:

1. Not sure if I like the bottle cap on the head.
2. Like the mischievous look like he got into trouble and spilled the beer.
3. Not sure about the spilled beer only because it would be yellow and mauy look like the dog just peed !! LOL
4. Like the puppy cut , as this is how our dog is.

What are others thoughts/ideas.

Thanks again coy for taking on my logo project!!!

Joe

we could color the spilled beer to be an amber color with some yellow highlights around the pup to look like he pee'd in the beer. LMAO.. :D That would take care of #3.. cause when my pup got into trouble he would get nervous and pee. hahahaha

But serously, we could always take the spill out of the vectored image if it doesn't look or feel right.
Kinda like I did with the Boiler Maker image.
boilermaker8.jpg

boilermaker1-1-2.jpg

I have this idea in my head of a drunk looking brown and white Chihuahua with a beer belly sitting up against a wall, looking drunk as hell. It'd also be holding/hugging the huge beer mug next to it. The proportions of the dog to beer in the sketch are perfect, though!

I was thinking about the bottle cap. Maybe if it was on the side of the mug, kinda leaning against it. The bottle proportion may end up being kinda off from the bottle cap though. Another option could be to lose the bottle and only have foam/beer kinda spilling over the side of the mug.

The other idea I was thinking about would take it into another whole direction. A dog (maybe side view) holding a beer mug, that was larger than him. the beer mug would be tilting kinda backwards, with foam/beer sloshing back. I think this would totally change the type of dog though, as it would be more cartoon-ish. Any thoughts?

Joe

I was thinking about the bottle cap. Maybe if it was on the side of the mug, kinda leaning against it. The bottle proportion may end up being kinda off from the bottle cap though. Another option could be to lose the bottle and only have foam/beer kinda spilling over the side of the mug.
Changing the porportions of the cap according to the bottle is easily done no problems there. or even leaving it out all togeather as I just won't draw that into illustrator. ;) All these minor changes can be done easily once we get the base imagery into play. ;)

lilrascal said:
The other idea I was thinking about would take it into another whole direction. A dog (maybe side view) holding a beer mug, that was larger than him. the beer mug would be tilting kinda backwards, with foam/beer sloshing back. I think this would totally change the type of dog though, as it would be more cartoon-ish. Any thoughts?

Joe

This would make it more cartoonish but it's doable for sure, I could try and keep the yorki caracteristics as much as possible. the face is what really makes the yorki look though for the most part. I'll see what I can draw up today for this one. then you have two choices. ;)
We want to make sure your 100% satisfied with your logo. :D

Changing the porportions of the cap according to the bottle is easily done no problems there. or even leaving it out all togeather as I just won't draw that into illustrator. ;) All these minor changes can be done easily once we get the base imagery into play. ;)

Not being familiar with this type stuff, I did not know how hard it was to change something once it was put into the computer program. Good to know there is some flexibility.

This would make it more cartoonish but it's doable for sure, I could try and keep the yorki caracteristics as much as possible. the face is what really makes the yorki look though for the most part. I'll see what I can draw up today for this one. then you have two choices. ;)
We want to make sure your 100% satisfied with your logo. :D

Cool. I think I could definitely decide between the two drawings. I appreciate it. :D

Not being familiar with this type stuff, I did not know how hard it was to change something once it was put into the computer program. Good to know there is some flexibility.

Yeah it's just like deleting words off a spreadsheet or in somecases like turning on and off a light switch. ;) There is actually a lot of flexability so don't think that the hand drawn images are set in stone and is exactly how it'll look. The sketches are just to get an overal image feel and look but it can be changed alot once put into illustrator or photoshop.

I had named my brewing operation Lil' Dog Brewing, which based on your screen name would have been appropriate for you.
My wife and kids had some hats and mugs made with the name on it, but no logo yet.
I'll subscribe to this thread to make sure we don't come up with something that is similar to what you end up with.

Here's our Lil' Dog mascot. Funny how this pic looks a little like your logo....

Lil-Dog.jpg

Yea, there is a lot of brewery names with the word dog in them. Must go along with dogs being mans best friend.

Since were posting pics of our dogs here is mine. Her name is Pebbles. The second picture is funny, because she always has her tongue out licking something. :D Probably helped that I was holding a treat while snapping the pics :D

IMG_3428.JPG

IMG_3429.JPG

that toungue gives me an idea to incorporate in the second more cartoony sketch. lol ;)

alright number 2. ;)

did a really quick sketch (during a meeting lol) some of the details are gone that I have on paper but that happens during the scan. but you'll get what the basis of what it'd look like.
DinkyDog2.jpg

Back