Misheard Lyrics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Going beyond "Excuse me while I kiss this guy".

One of my favorites that made my wife laugh hysterically was the the B-52's "Love Shack." I hate this song. I hate how catchy it is, I hate all the nonsense words thrown in and I hate that it never gets out of your head once you hear it.

My misheard lyrics:

The Love Shack is a little old place where we can get together
Love Shack baby! Love Shack, that's where it's at!
Huggin' and a kissin', dancin' and a buggin', wearin' next to nothing
Cause it's hot as a muffin!

Apparently muffins arent all that hot, according to SWMBO. This opened discussion as to what was hotter, the oven or muffin tin. I wasnt going down without a fight on this one.

He didn't kiss a guy? That changes things.

From what I hear Jimmi very well might have kissed a guy. While I'm not one to judge, as far as I know, it didnt wind up in the song ;)

I mishear lyrics all the time, Not usually in a funny way just in a I don't know.

Before Johnny Cash released his version of Hurt (and I was never challenged on the lyrics so I never looked it up) I was convinced the last line was "I will keep my self, I will fade away."

Some other ones, Pearl Jam Glorified G "Glorified versions of a pelican"

Of course the one probably everyone mishears, Mannfred Mann's Blinded by the light "Wrapped up like a *****ed"

Also never knew the line "Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me" from Bohemian Rhapsody I didn't mishear in the sense I though it said something else, I just flat out had no clue what they were saying.

Some of the misheard lyrics on sites like kissthisguy.com are horrible.

When I was a kid I thought Stevie Nicks was saying "Just like the one winged dove" on edge of seventeen. My mom thought it was hilarious.

My favorite was when a girlfriend's room-mate mis-heard Rage Against The Machine's "Bulls On Parade." She thought the chorus was "We're really rather friendly. With a pocket full of shells." (should have been "They rally round the family! With a pocket full of shells!")

More recently, I mistook the lyrics to "Pumped Up Kicks," thinking it said
"All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run, faster than my brother." For quite a while I wondered what the brother was going to do when he caught up with the kids. I finally realized it says "All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run, faster than my bullet.")

Don't go out tonight cause its bound to get you freight, there's a bathroom on the right!
Supposed to be bad moon on the rise!

"Can you see me standing here with my back against the wreckin' machine"

Actual lyrics "record machine"...

Van Halen's jump.

I was 8 and at my first Wpg Jets (1.0) game - this was their skate-on music...wreckin' machine kinda made sense.

Until very recently I thought the title of Mott the Hooples' "All the Young Dudes" was "Harry the Moose".........

From the Gorillaz 19-2000, "it's the new sip apple juice..." Actual lyrics go: "it's the music that we choose..."
Regards, GF.

"Hey. I just met you. This is crazy. here's my number, so come and rape me" (So call me maybe).

I swore that's what this song said the first several times I heard it...

Speaking of which I HATE that song!

When I was a kid I thought Stevie Nicks was saying "Just like the one winged dove" on edge of seventeen. My mom thought it was hilarious.
HA, I thought that was the lyric...

Wow. I had to look it up. I thought that was the lyric, too.

Still, I'll never let go of my mental image of that poor, aerodynamically challenged creature.

Jimmy:

"Excuse me, while I kiss this guy.."dun dun duh dunduhduh dundunduh

(excuse me while I kiss the sky)

I recall someone telling me before that they thought Eddie Money was singing about 2 chickens to sacrifice, instead of two tickets to paradise.

easy mistake, right?

sore's on my genitals,
i'm a loser baby, so why dont ya kill me...Beck -Loser

for all i know, thats what he really says...anyone know the real line?

My favorite was when a girlfriend's room-mate mis-heard Rage Against The Machine's "Bulls On Parade." She thought the chorus was "We're really rather friendly. With a pocket full of shells." (should have been "They rally round the family! With a pocket full of shells!")

More recently, I mistook the lyrics to "Pumped Up Kicks," thinking it said
"All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run, faster than my brother." For quite a while I wondered what the brother was going to do when he caught up with the kids. I finally realized it says "All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run, faster than my bullet.")

I heard a DJ on local radio quoting it as, "All the other kids with the plumped up lips." I think she thought the song was about Botox. Seriously?!? You work at the radio station!!

For the longest time I really liked, and could never find, that Rage Against the Machine song, "Where the Redneck Kids are F*&ked." It wasn't until much later that I realized the song was "Renegades of Funk."

sore's on my genitals,
i'm a loser baby, so why dont ya kill me...Beck -Loser

for all i know, thats what he really says...anyone know the real line?

I think it's "Soy un perdedor" which translated means "I'm a loser." (I didn't know this one either until a girlfriend cleared it up for me...)

I heard a DJ on local radio quoting it as, "All the other kids with the plumped up lips." I think she thought the song was about Botox. Seriously?!? You work at the radio station!!

For the longest time I really liked, and could never find, that Rage Against the Machine song, "Where the Redneck Kids are F*&ked." It wasn't until much later that I realized the song was "Renegades of Funk."

Yeah, I imagine she got no end of grief from her coworkers for that one.

Lol - that Rage misunderstanding is even better than mine - I'm going to remember that! Makes you wonder how common it is for their lyrics to be misunderstood... ;)

Anything by Pearl Jam. See the youtube video by misheardlyrics for yellow ledbetter. The whole thing is hilarious.

"...potato wave"

My swmbo subjects me to lots of second-hand top 40 radio when we're in the car.
There's one track where I swear Rihanna is singing "we found love in a homeless place."
They claim she's saying "hopeless," but I don't buy it.

I always thought the Rolling Stones were singing "I'll never be your big Suburban". Was many years until someone corrected me telling me it was "beast of burden".

Years ago, I found myself (unwillingly) dragged to a dance club. A few drinks later, I was loudly singing along to a catchy tune..."Snap my pick-cha (picture)!"

Except I found out it was actually "Slap my ***** up!"

I felt duped. :(

Back