Group Buy in Chicago #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neopol said:
I'll bring this on ice...its in glycerin so a nice big starter...no problem. I always do a starter and stepup and clean when I have time to plan...Munich lager 2308....nice stuff clean...but rhinofart sulfer while bubbling...but cleans up after itself nicely

Sounds good. Thanks.

Sorry everyone, was looking at this thread and not the spreadsheet and didn't realize how fast the 2nd palette was filling. I feel bad.

What count do you think we need on a 3rd skid to make it worth it? Min flat rate per bag is $1.55 at full palatte for $65/42bags. 21 more bags would throw the distribution up to $1.89 a bag.

I'll keep updating split requests and hope the third fills at the same clip as #2.

starman said:
Sorry everyone, was looking at this thread and not the spreadsheet and didn't realize how fast the 2nd palette was filling. I feel bad.

What count do you think we need on a 3rd skid to make it worth it? Min flat rate per bag is $1.55 at full palatte for $65/42bags. 21 more bags would throw the distribution up to $1.89 a bag.

I'll keep updating split requests and hope the third fills at the same clip as #2.

I'd say if we can keep it under $1/lb on the third pallet, I'd gladly pay a little extra to get it. Can't find grain in lhbs under $1.30/lb.

I'd say if we can keep it under $1/lb on the third pallet, I'd gladly pay a little extra to get it. Can't find grain I'm lhbs under $1.30/lb.

Worst case scenario... 8 lonely 55# bags on a palette shipped for $65 is roughly $0.15 freight overhead per lb. As long as your base price is under $0.85/lb, you'd be in the ballpark to make your $1 a pound Pinto.

Best case... full skid 42 bags @ 55# = $.03 freight overhead per pound.

That's before fuel surcharges... I don't know how those are distributed.

starman said:
Worst case scenario... 8 lonely 55# bags on a palette shipped for $65 is roughly $0.15 freight overhead per lb. As long as your base price is under $0.85/lb, you'd be in the ballpark to make your $1 a pound Pinto.

Best case... full skid 42 bags @ 55# $.03 freight overhead per pound.

That's before fuel surcharges... I don't know how those are distributed.

definitely

I PMd for 4 sacks, just 38 more to go. There's gotta be a few of you out there dying to make an End of History clone using 3 bags of base malt and a bathtub as a makeshift mashtun, right?

TheBreweryUnderground said:
I PMd for 4 sacks, just 38 more to go. There's gotta be a few of you out there dying to make an End of History clone using 3 bags of base malt and a bathtub as a makeshift mashtun, right?

I think we have at least 6 splits in addition to that

PintoBean said:
I think we have at least 6 splits in addition to that

So that's 32 sacks left, you could fill a swimming pool with the grains and extra pounds of saaz, steep them on a hot summer day, then let it open ferment. Everyone brings a few kegs to dip in and we call it a day.

Or maybe just 6-8 more people grabbing a few sacks and it'll fill up in no time.

Just PM'd starman, i'll take the last third of this one:

Crystal 40 or 60 split :
Great Western - 2-row Crystal 40 - GW-C40 - QTY 1@50
Polboy 50%
Inverted 50%
*would like one more to reduce to 1/3 sack each if anyone is looking*

The longer we wait the more i buy!

I'm still looking for 1 or 2 people to split a sack of wheat. Current splits on page 2.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/group-buy-chicago-4-a-304020/index2.html

So that's 32 sacks left, you could fill a swimming pool with the grains and extra pounds of saaz, steep them on a hot summer day, then let it open ferment. Everyone brings a few kegs to dip in and we call it a day.

Or maybe just 6-8 more people grabbing a few sacks and it'll fill up in no time.

Yeah, I'd say once all the weekend stragglers get in on this we have a third pallet full sometime early next week

Thats great, thanks
Inverted, do you want to do 50/25/25 (i think you said you want a half bag) or 33/33/33 split on c40?, im fine either way
Just PM'd starman, i'll take the last third of this one:

Crystal 40 or 60 split :
Great Western - 2-row Crystal 40 - GW-C40 - QTY 1@50
Polboy 50%
Inverted 50%
*would like one more to reduce to 1/3 sack each if anyone is looking*

The longer we wait the more i buy!

I'm still looking for 1 or 2 people to split a sack of wheat. Current splits on page 2.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/group-buy-chicago-4-a-304020/index2.html

Her name is Trish....I gave her that club sticker you gave to me last pick-up...

I gave you a club sticker? I must be losing my mind because I don't remember giving any out. Be sure to introduce yourself when you pick up; that goes for all of you actually. It's nice to get to know your fellow brewers. Thanks.

I just added the final (84) bag on the spreadsheet. I also started a waiting list in case we add a third pallet.

according to my math, we're at 10 bags so far for the third pallet if it happens.

bmason,

I am PM'ing you my request in case the third pallet goes down. I would be in for a total of 7 sacks and willing to split a bag of smoked malt if PseudoChef was looking to do so.

Wow, this buy happened fast!

bmason,

I am PM'ing you my request in case the third pallet goes down. I would be in for a total of 7 sacks and willing to split a bag of smoked malt if PseudoChef was looking to do so.

Wow, this buy happened fast!

I was wondering what ever happened to you. I'll put you on the waiting list for 7 bags and a split between you and PsuedoChef. Please PM Starman with your split request just to keep him on top of the splits. Thanks.

I was wondering what ever happened to you. I'll put you on the waiting list for 7 bags and a split between you and PsuedoChef. Please PM Starman with your split request just to keep him on top of the splits. Thanks.

Great! Looks like my friend added a couple as well, so the total would be 9.

I'll go thirds on the smoked if that's cool.

Sweet! I might be able to go down to a third if both of you really want in on the smoked.

PseudoChef,

If you are fine with a third, I would be interested. If you decide that you would like to split it just two ways, I don't mind stepping out and letting Wernerherzog taking the other half as I don't really have anything planned for smoked malt yet.

I still want to advertise czech saaz to all of you, its a great noble hop and will be perfect for brewing Belgian beers on hot summer days, i think we need 6 more ppl to get 11lbs, i think price was around $7.5 per pound

Polboy said:
I still want to advertise czech saaz to all of you, its a great noble hop and will be perfect for brewing Belgian beers on hot summer days, i think we need 6 more ppl to get 11lbs, i think price was around $7.5 per pound

I'm in for at least a pound, possibly two if it gets us there. Saaz is definitely the most versatile continental hop IMO, great for those Belgian styles or anything German. Also how are we splitting this up, does anyone have a vacuum sealer we could use at the pickup? Will we just do one pack for each person or could we split them up in 2 or 4 oz packages?

Busy morning! I'll get these splits via PM & post updated in the next hour or so...

I'm glad to see Pseudo got some help with that smoked.... course now hes probably thinking sack of peated...

I have a vacuum sealer. it would be best to do one lb each pack. Unless you guys want to buy and bring your own bags. Or there is an attachment o want to get for mason jars.

Polboy said:
Thats great, thanks
Inverted, do you want to do 50/25/25 (i think you said you want a half bag) or 33/33/33 split on c40?, im fine either way

33 is fine with me

Polboy said:

Sold! Just pm'd starman to put me in for a lb.

Are we still at half of the third pallet? I think we have 4 splits needing partners and the saaz is pretty much taken care of, 2# available but I'll take a second if no one else wants in. If we finish the splits that's just 17 sacks left, come on people I'm trying to brew 50 gallons of beer for my sort of wedding (we're calling it an uncivil union).

Are we still at half of the third pallet? I think we have 4 splits needing partners and the saaz is pretty much taken care of, 2# available but I'll take a second if no one else wants in. If we finish the splits that's just 17 sacks left, come on people I'm trying to brew 50 gallons of beer for my sort of wedding (we're calling it an uncivil union).

I PM'd starman to add a second lb of saaz onto my order, he hasn't updated the list yet though, so there's another lb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back