cerveza

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
i am loking to brew a mexican style cerveza. i spoke with someone from austin homebrew about their gold seal cerveza. he said this is an ale so i wont have to worry about lagering. i was under the impression that corona was a lager. is the ahs gold seal cerveza more like a dos equis? i am not by any means trying to brew corona, but i am looking for a lighter colored and flavored cerveza to throw a lime in.

i am loking to brew a mexican style cerveza. i spoke with someone from austin homebrew about their gold seal cerveza. he said this is an ale so i wont have to worry about lagering. i was under the impression that corona was a lager. is the ahs gold seal cerveza more like a dos equis? i am not by any means trying to brew corona, but i am looking for a lighter colored and flavored cerveza to throw a lime in.

It will be as close to what you want without you using lager yeast and needing a dedicated fridge for lagering. It will be fine.

Basically it is using the same grainbill, but using a yeast that is easier for people to brew.

Enjoy.

sounds great. i am trying to get my girlfriend more into the brewing process, and she doesnt like the srtong ales i have been making. i know she loves corona, so if this has a little of that taste i'll throw a lime in it for her and she'll be happy

sounds great. i am trying to get my girlfriend more into the brewing process, and she doesnt like the srtong ales i have been making. i know she loves corona, so if this has a little of that taste i'll throw a lime in it for her and she'll be happy

If you haven't ordered the kit yet and want something that she will like, look at some of Biermuncher's recipes, especially the SWMBO slayer or Cream of the 3 crops, or centennial blonde....I actually did the swmbo slayer with lime zest and lime flavoring, and made something that was better than Bud light lime for last summer.

wow, sounds like a great choice. i like bud lime on sunny days. maybe i'll try that one out. and not make it taste like i am sucking on a lime though

so far I have two that I brewed. #1 is from Annapolis home brew that was a lager that I brewed at about 62 to 64 rather than true lagering temps, turned out OK. # 2 is Midwest Supplies Brewmart prehopped 20 min boil using an ale yeast at 68. It is bottled for a week now and is a little deeper gold than corona but similar, maybe a little heavier flavor. (edit: had one tonight after only a week in the bottle and 1 day in the fridge, is very good a little more amber than corona but close in taste still a tad bit green but very good. My wife tasted it and it is definitely a brew she will drink) AHS was going to be my third that I brew in March/April for June to Aug let me know how it turns out

Back