What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BJCP class tonight. We covered cat's one and two, so I had to drink these, give feedback and choose the top out of the two in each sub category.

1A: Heineken Light and Sam Adams Light
1B: PBR and Baltika 3
1C: MGD and Heineken Premium
1D: Weihenstephaner Premium and Hacker-Pchorr Munich Gold
1E: Ayinger Jahrundert Bier and Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold
2A: König Pilsener and Bitburger Pils
2B: Pilner Urquell and Staropramen
2C: no available Classic American Pilsners

Needless to say, I came home and poured a glass of hops; Fat Head's Head Hunter courtesy of Xpertskir. Thanks dude, killer IPA!!

ForumRunner_20130201_010637.jpg

So it turns out a local country tavern has 215 different beers. I live like a mile from the place and never even knew! Its just a little dive bar with no room to even sit in the place due to beer inventory. Anyway it beats the heck out of my grocery store! Grabbed a 4 pack of these.

beer 001.jpg

I'm surprised to not see and PtY posts here yet. Gotta be at least one HBTer who made the trip to RR this morning, no?

Surprise Beer!!! Didn't know what it was until I took a sip.

AHS Enkidu Winter Ale, brewed 12/2010. Took forever to carb, I had put it in the craw space, forgot about, and came across some as non labeled bottles the other day. It taste much better with a little age and the carbonation is just right.

Ghost Face Killyah, nuff said

How far did you make it? I didn't make it very far at all.

Oh man, that'd be some $hit if CC started showing up in MN. I wouldn't hold my breath though, their distro is pretty limited.

Yeah, that would be awesome, but like you said, limited distro. In fact, I heard they just scaled back their distro a bit.

Right now I am drinking my pecan pie ale and I'm really digging it. Prominent nutty aroma and taste, a tiny bit of hop flavor in the far background and all supported by a substantial malt backbone.

20130201_181800.jpg

Back