Carb times with 6way valve, help please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushwilliams

Reaction score
Morning,

I recently updated my keg fridge to a 6 way valve and added 3 more kegs into the loop. I keep the fridge at 35 and have found that 10PSI on my old 3 way will generally have my beer ready to serve in 10 days. I kegged my first new beer on the six way 12 days ago and its still hardly carbonated at all. Anyone have some suggestions for me? When distributing twice as much gas do I need more PSI? Your input is always appreciated!

MyKegSetup-1.jpg

Yep, thats when I put it on its side... I thought I was being clever with my use of space, I really need to move the bottle external to the fridge anyway. Will try that soon and see how it works.

most regulators use a flexible membrane inside (normally rubber/latex) that gets hard and brittle and can crack at liquid CO2 temperatures. also when you inject liquid CO2, which expands to gas at a rate of 1:390, you can get a very large pressure spike in the regulator, which can damage your gauges.

not really "fouling" that would need to be cleaned out, but still not good for the regulator. even if no damage is done, at the very least- you cant trust the gauge readings of a regulator on a sideways tank. that could even be the source of your problems right there.

I moved the bottle outside the fridge last night and stood it back upright. I am using my backup reg until a new micromatic premium arrives later this week. Thanks for all your help, now to see if this brew carbonates!

Back