• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Decent Priced Corny Kegs - CL (Not mine)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased 8 for $175 to my door. This is what she sent me when I asked about more. Just thought I would pass it along... :mug:

"I have 25 kegs left/ I sold 25 over night so they are going quick. I really need $22 ea if they order more than 8 plus $20 shipping and if they order less than 8 I need $25 plus shipping of $20. The reason for the extra shipping is because my box supplier is out so I have to go buy them elsewhere. I'm on my way there now and as long as I get boxes your will ship today. Please let me know if others are interested so I don't over do it. I maybe able to get more kegs this week but I'm not sure."

Ball. I should have mine Monday or Tuesday and can verify but it sounds like she will be out soon at the rate they are going. She is trying to get more though.

They are ball lock and have been cleaned/sanitized (inside) and pressure checked. Yes you can replace the pins with the ball lock posts but that is cost prohibitive unless you get free pin locks ;)

UPDATE:

I received an email from the seller of these kegs. The wanted me to post this information here. You must mention that you saw this ad on homebrewtalk.com in order to get this pricing.

Pricing for viewers of this website only: less than 8 kegs ordered $25 ea and $25 shipping over 8 kegs ordered $22 and $40 shipping (I have to send out 2 packages). The only kegs I currently have are ball lock but if enough people are interested in pin I will get some. I do not make any money off shipping and I hate to charge it but I have to. If you place order with us be sure and let me know you heard about us on here. If you have any questions you can contact me by email at [email protected]

I know I figured shipping screwy but right now I'm trying to only ship in 2 and 4 packs. packages get too big otherwise. I will eat alil of it.

No problem. Glad I could help. I will try to post some pics when mine come in. Cheers!

Have you gotten yours yet? I still haven't gotten confirmation of shipping yet, she's still waiting to get a tracking number or something since they mailed so many out.

Well I haven't received mine but I did get tracking numbers. I had suspicion that it was a scam when she said there was a problem with shipping but after a little correspondence she said she would over night them considering the delay. Just an hour ago I received two tracking numbers that indicate an over night shipment originating from where she stated to be from. As akthor said, I used PayPal so no worries.

Well I haven't received mine but I did get tracking numbers. I had suspicion that it was a scam when she said there was a problem with shipping but after a little correspondence she said she would over night them considering the delay. Just an hour ago I received two tracking numbers that indicate an over night shipment originating from where she stated to be from. As akthor said, I used PayPal so no worries.

Dont' believe it is a scam. When I ordered mine, I told her that I saw the ad on these forums. She replied, "Awesome. I was wondering how I was getting emails from all over the US. Thank you!"

I know her family was out racing this past weekend and that she's been sick as indicated by this response, "I was getting all my shipping labels printed and I don't have your address. Kegs will be going out tomorrow I'm sorry I have been sick and my husband doesn't know where to find all the info. You should have them by the weekend. Thank you!"

So I should have my tracking numbers by tomorrow.

She sent me the tracking number for 4 of mine, she is waiting for her boxes for 2 kegs to arrive then she will ship the other two hopefully today she said.

I received 8 of mine. I should have a few more Friday. They look to be in great condition.

6c099dd1.jpg

36b2b228.jpg

Mine are in transit according to UPS. She said she's pretty much out, so if any of you last minute people are considering it, jump on the deal now.

I've notified the seller that if I don't receive a response today that I will file a PayPal dispute. There is no excuse for not being able to email a tracking number.

Mine just arrived. Very clean, pressurized, and all stickers/labels removed. Only had had a penny-sized dent on one of them. They were each wrapped in paper, had one of those airpacks between them, and I couldn't be happier. Now just have to get the rest of the gear to pressurize them!

Glad that you received yours.

I went ahead and opened a dispute with PayPal. I sure hope this is something as simple as her phone died. Last I heard from her was an email sent early Saturday morning, which stated I would receive my tracking numbers later that day. Nothing Saturday or Sunday and no response to any of my emails.

I would've cut them a little more slack over a weekend and considering other people have been getting theirs. Seems like a small operation and you didn't even wait 1 business day

I would've cut them a little more slack over a weekend and considering other people have been getting theirs. Seems like a small operation and you didn't even wait 1 business day

Yeah, this is just an individual, not a company. I was a little worried at first too, but would have waited at least a week before disputing. Your kegs will probably show up before PayPal has any chance of remedy for you. I think us HBT'ers assaulted her email and she wasn't expecting the business she got. She told me that they shipped out over 200 orders on the same day, and sorting through each order to send tracking numbers was taking forever. I know it seems like it's taking forever, but you'll make it! They arrived in better shape than I thought they would, so have no fear =)

4 of mine are supposed to arrive today she said on the 9th she was waiting for her boxes to arrive for shipping the other 2 and that she hoped to ship them that day. I haven't heard from her but I am not worried she seems disorganized not dishonest I am sure I will get them eventually.

Before you guys go slamming me for insinuating she's dishonest, that is not what I am saying.

She stated:

1) I would receive merchandise this past weekend.
2) I would receive tracking numbers on Saturday.

Neither one has happened. And, in fact, she's had 3 business days to ship the items. All I'm looking for is a simple response. Do I believe she's got a large influx of orders due to these forums, yes. All it would take to make me happy right now is just to let me know the shipping status.

Yeah, this is just an individual, not a company. I was a little worried at first too, but would have waited at least a week before disputing. Your kegs will probably show up before PayPal has any chance of remedy for you. I think us HBT'ers assaulted her email and she wasn't expecting the business she got. She told me that they shipped out over 200 orders on the same day, and sorting through each order to send tracking numbers was taking forever. I know it seems like it's taking forever, but you'll make it! They arrived in better shape than I thought they would, so have no fear =)

A PayPal dispute is not a PayPal claim. All this does is alert the seller of a potential issue. It gives the seller a chance to respond and provides a mechanism to record the issue in case it needs to become a claim. Do I think it will come to this, no.

A PayPal dispute is not a PayPal claim. All this does is alert the seller of a potential issue. It gives the seller a chance to respond and provides a mechanism to record the issue in case it needs to become a claim. Do I think it will come to this, no.

Ahh... I didn't know that. Ya learn something new everyday! I've got faith in her, she's pulled through for a few of us it seems, maybe yours just got lost in the dogpile. Good Luck!

My son says there's a big box that arrived from UPS at the house.

I wasn't slamming you it's your right to start a dispute if you want.

If I hadn't gotten tracking number at least by now I might have filed one myself ;)

My son says there's a big box that arrived from UPS at the house.

I wasn't slamming you it's your right to start a dispute if you want.

If I hadn't gotten tracking number at least by now I might have filed one myself ;)

Yeah, I'm really not trying to make a big deal about this. In fact, I wrote in the dispute that others that ordered from her were receiving their items and all I was looking for was the status and tracking numbers. Guess my patience gets a little thin when someone promises to send you something (like a tracking number on Saturday) and then seemingly drops off the face of the earth.

Yeah I emailed her yesterday about my other 2 kegs. No reply. I am leaving for a week to go to Oregon tommorow so if either the kegs haven't shown up or an email from her I will file a dispute with Paypal over the remaining two kegs she owes me when I get back.

Anyone send/receive any emails to this seller over the past 24 hours? I've still not received a reply from her.

I emailed too, haven't received any tracking that she said would ship out Friday. I am not all that worried about it, I think she is just really disorganized.

Received a reply from her last night. Apparently there have been some family issues that she has been dealing with. She indicated that my kegs were overnighted and should be here today.

I looked at the 4 I got so far and they were boxed really well. 3 were pressurized and one wasn't. All very clean. I am very pleased. She emailed me that she thinks my other two went out Tuesday but that she'd check with her husband. No worries.

Back