Are twist off bottles able to be capped effectively???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duganderson

Reaction score
We use quite a few twist off bottles. Can these be capped effectively? I'm assuming they can't get a good seal.

That's all I have here, no issues.
When you first cap them, the feel loose and are real easy to twist off but after the pressure builds a bit, you almost need a glove to twist em off. Hasn't hurt my capper as far as I can tell.

reported above alreaday:off:

As for the twist offs its all good if you use a bench capper. Just becareful. I have been cut very bad holding a thin twist off bottle that explodes in my hand while capping. I now where 1 leather glove [Mike Jackson style], and only use heaveyer returnables.

+1 on the bench capper. Wing cappers don't often like twist off caps, but bench cappers work better with 'em.

I have caped a few with plain caps and no problems but I caped several with some caps the were painted with a logo and they were very hard to cap. Not sure what is going on there.

Back