Another n00b! 1st batch brewed 5/09/10!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impur

Reaction score
Title sums it up i guess. I started when a family member bought me a Mr. Beer kit. I gave it a try, it was awhile ago and the beer tasted horrible. So that put Mr. Beer to bed right away. I've still got about 8 packets of ingredients for that.

But i love imperial IPAs so i wanted to brew stuff i love to drink. I went out and bought a starter kit, then found a Brewcraft DIY Rogue Dead Guy Ale brewing kit at the Rogue garage sale in Newport and snagged it. So i put up the easy up canopy to avoid any rain and did some brewing after mom's day brunch. The instructions were very lacking (didn't even tell me to add the candi sugar at all) so i mostly followed some instructions I found here for the same kit.

It was a blast sitting around, smelling hops and beer brewing, listening to music and drinking beer while i made beer!! I hope this first batch comes out nicely. 4 weeks to go!!! :mug:

6beb2942.jpg

I look forward to learning and brewing a ton more!!!

Congrats!
It was a blast sitting around, smelling hops and beer brewing, listening to music and drinking beer while i made beer!! I hope this first batch comes out nicely. 4 weeks to go!!! :mug:

Man that was poetic. That plus your nice looking picture makes me want to get out and brew right now :D

Cheers! for dumping the Mr. Beer kit and brewing authentic beer. Aslo, cheers for brewing in the rain!

Yah i love the colors in some of the corals. Just incredible animals.

I've got about 15+ of my whole 1st brewing experience. I'm sure most if not all of you know what its like so I'll spare you but hey it was my first time

WVBeerBaron - Cheers to you as well!! I'm in Oregon so gotta do what i gotta do to brew!!! That should be my slogan.

Holy $&*! lol, being lazy and not reading the post, I would say you have one hell of a contamination! Throw it away!! quick!! :p

Back