Who Sells Large Silicone Gaskets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
Who sells large (1.25" water heater element size) food grade silicone gaskets?

Bargain Fittings sells o-rings, but no gaskets that size.

I have found sheets of gasket material, but no gaskets that size.

I cut one from a length of silicone tubing I had. Works like a charm and was quite inexpensive.

washer.jpg

I cut one from a length of silicone tubing I had. Works like a charm and was quite inexpensive.

washer.jpg

That's pretty neat.

:D

Food grade silicone gaskets start at a couple of bucks, that tubing is about $2.35 a foot. Bet I can make a TON of gaskets from a foot of it.

I have extra material... prob 3/16th thick. If you want, PM me and Ill send you some...

bed bath and beyond sells all kinds of silicone cookie sheets, cup cake molds etc that can be cut into gaskets.

Sorry to bring back and old thread....but how can you cut a clean hole in a silicone square like in the picture above ?

I need to make one myself but I'm unsure how to proceed

Sorry to bring back and old thread....but how can you cut a clean hole in a silicone square like in the picture above ?

I need to make one myself but I'm unsure how to proceed

I made a punch by sharpening one end of a piece of copper pipe with my disc sander.

I just traced a circle and cut it with an x-acto knife. Made it slightly smaller than the hole and stretched it over the threads on the heating element.

You know that good old silicone aquarium sealant cures to something that is silicone for all intents and purposes. Why not just use that?

Back