Looking for a welder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moby

I need more gadgets....
Reaction score
I'm looking for a welder in the NC area if possible. Elsewhere would be fine too, i'd ship the kettles to be welded and the TC fittings.

It appears that Morebeer will do the welding, but they don't seem to be too excited about doing anything other than their stuff...which i understand.

So, if anyone has any suggestions in the NC/SC area, let me know.

If you know someone that will take a shipment, does good work, and is reasonable, please let me know that too!

Thanks all!

Moby

Call some welding schools my buddy was telling me that they weld for free all u have to do is supply the material

JoeyChopps said:
Call some welding schools my buddy was telling me that they weld for free all u have to do is supply the material

This. My school did this. However, it may suck.

This. My school did this. However, it may suck.

Yeah, this is what I was worried about.

I think i've found someone to do this work though...before I tout their virtues, I'm going to have them do the work. Price seems good...the guys are very nice...

Fingers crossed!

**EDIT: the guys who contacted me last night have reconsidered whether their process will work for Triclamps...While disappointed, I'm glad they told me when they reconsidered...Still open for suggestions**

One way to find a welder is to call your local welding supply company and ask them who does the most stainless steel welding in your area. They will know because they supply the tig gas and SS filler rod.

I just looked up fabrication shops in the phone book/google search.

I wrote down the three addresses closest to me and hit the streets. The first shop I came to, they were working right inside their garage with a plasma welder aand a few guys were sitting around. I told them what I needed, and they said "no problem." Took them 5 minutes, and they told me not to pay them, but I gave them a $20.00 and told them lunch was on me.

Back