Wine Using Only Consentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thelozmeister

Reaction score
Hi everyone, been thinking recently and before I tried I thought I'd ask if anyone has tried this,,

I was wondering if you could make a wine using only the grape juice concentrate as flavour??

I know you would need your sugar/yeast/etc to get the process going but rather than using fruit or the kits, i thought the concentrate mixed with water may work as the flavouring or would it be tasteless?

Still relatively new to the home brewing so any advice welcome,
Cheers
Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The kits that I have bought are just, Concentrate, Bentonite, Oak, Yeast, Sulfite, Potassium Sorbate, Kieselsol, and Chitosan.

Concentrate, stabilizers and clearing agents.

I haven't had any that added any sugar, The only other "flavoring" comes from the oak chips/powder.

I hope to do a higher quality kit soon that uses grape skins.

I just had a glass of one of my favorite home wines which is a Welche's white grape peach wine. My recipe uses no sugar and makes a full bodied nice young wine. The recipe is as follows:

1 gallon recipe

4 cans of Welche's frozen concentrate (I like white grape peach but any flavor or combination can work)
1 TBS dry loose leaf black tea (any of your favorite tea blends but I like earl grey)
1 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast nutrient
1/2 tsp yeast energizer
Yeast (I think lalvin 71b-1112 is my favorite)

This wine comes out to a gravity of 1.080. It ferments dry in 1 - 2 weeks. Place it in the fridge when it hits 0.990 and it will be crystal clear with hard lees by the 30th day. If you like it dry bottle strait from primary or rack and back sweeten with 1 can of concentrate. Let sit in the fridge another 7 days because more sediment will drop. Then rack and bottle. This stuff is great in just 6 weeks.

Lots of people make wine with just frozen juice concentrate. Follow the recipie already given and you will have wine! Do a seach for welches wine and you will find lots of post about it. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back