The Unveiling is going ahead as planned, but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedSun

Reaction score
Okay, my new revision of the Glorious Red Sun of Krypton is being unveiled (video/pics to follow) at a monster holiday bash on Sat night. It's been in bottles since Nov 14th and is finally starting to mellow and lose the biscuity taste it had a few weeks ago so that's good, but I made another brew for the event, Test Your Might and it'll have been in the bottles for 16 days at unveiling. Tried it last night, a little hop harsh at the moment. Damn green beers, the layfolk don't understand that beers age and it takes some time for potential to be reached.

I'm excited, but I'm afraid I invited too many people that just won't get it... When should I drop Test Your Might in the fridge for max goodness?

-RS

I built a Phantom Zone that's motorized and rotates around the Red bottle, should be ridiculous to behold.

I'd wait until the last possible minute with only 16 days in the bottle. Honestly if it still tastes green on saturday though I'd pull it out and pickup a couple cases of something. You don't want anyone associating 'green beer taste' with all homebrew or they'll never like it.

Yeah, obviously wait as long as possible. You might brew a really low gravity simple beer that will finish sooner. No substitute for time brother!

I hear you. I could probably grab a couple Sammy winter 12-packs if things don't smooth out by then. I knew it was a stretch and it's definitely going to be a tasty one, just needs another month to smooth out the edges. Thanks guys

Back