Racking first kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
The sanitizer they packed is C-Brite, which I know requires rinsing. Can I NOT use the "fill your tubing with sanitizer and allow it to run out and pull beer up with it" trick? Would that essentially poison my beer?

Since your sanitizer requires rinsing and therefore getting a little tap water in the beer anyway, it seems like you could fill the tubing with water to get the siphon started. Start siphoning into a spare pan, then move it when the beer starts to run out.

Update. Just bottled my first gallon kit recipe into Grolsch bottles. Made all sorts of mistakes, I am sure. Beer looks a little cloudy in bottles, and the level in each is a bit ununiform. Letting it bottle condition (honey water used as primer) for two weeks as per the instructions.

Wish me luck, primed beer that tastes good, and no bottle bombs.

I'll bet it will be good. Don't be dissapointed if it isn't fully conditioned after 2 weeks - might need another week. Maybe longer since it's winter, depending on the temperature where it's conditioning.

I'll bet it will be good. Don't be dissapointed if it isn't fully conditioned after 2 weeks - might need another week. Maybe longer since it's winter, depending on the temperature where it's conditioning.

I agree with the three week period if you can, and make sure to chill it for 48 hours to dissolve the CO2 back into the beer. :ban:

Latest posts

Back