Weed for Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tombraider2

Reaction score
Well Washington State passed I-502. So has anyone used the Devils week for hops ? If so how much ? We the People have Spoke :rockin:

Hops are already expensive enough. Seems like a novel idea but a waste of money.

I believe, if its not legal in Texas it's not ok to talk about it on this forums.. anywho.. Only good for flavor and aroma additions.. if you just want the effect then just make a extract and throw that in or even better, sum butter to spread on sum bread while drinking a homebrew..

This thread is so shut down already.

Make an extract of your exotic herbs and dose the batch on bottling day. Many herbs have compounds that don't readily dissolve in boiling water but are easily extracted in high proof vodka.

Did a pale ale and it tasted like sh*t...... might as well go chew on the lawn.... extract might be the way to go though didn't try that

This thread is so shut down already.

Make an extract of your exotic herbs and dose the batch on bottling day. Many herbs have compounds that don't readily dissolve in boiling water but are easily extracted in high proof vodka.

This.

If you are looking for flavor, hops are cheaper and probably better for flavor. If you are looking for a different kick from your beer...THC is alcohol or lipid soluble, so a large "dry herbing" would likely be your best bet.

I think it's only a matter of time for a Colorado or Washington brewer to make a beer like this available commercially.

You are going to see a federal sweep in Washington and Colorado anyway.
The law that passed in Washington and Colorado is in violation of federal law.
This will be a mess up until it reaches the supreme court. In my opinion, you shouldn't expect an easy transition and since the fed's are going to probably try and make a point, don't be the voice of the new rights.

Before you go and attack me for saying that, just remember that it's not based on what I feel about the law, it's based on how I expect the federal government to react.

I hope this sort of thing is permanently banned from competitions -- regardless of any sort of federal or state laws. I'd like to be BJCP Certed, but just hearing about this makes me nervous about tasting things made by god knows who.

I hope this sort of thing is permanently banned from competitions -- regardless of any sort of federal or state laws. I'd like to be BJCP Certed, but just hearing about this makes me nervous about tasting things made by god knows who.

You see I never tougth about this... until now......:ban:

Illegal stuff and politics. This thread has been open for more than 2 hours. I'm shocked. Yuri must be taking a nap.

I know about some people making extracts with a plastic tube and butane lighter chargers, I think the same can be done flushing co2 trough a bed of "special hops" inside an air thigth cylinder with a hole in bottom to collect the juicy "hop extract"

I've seen a couple of cradft breweries that supposedly have some weed in their ales. Leaves on the label,etc. Idk that I would. Might be kinda funky.

A skunky brew, well all I was doing was asking a Q. Didn't mean anything other than what I asked. Nuke this thread if it must be done :pipe:

You are going to see a federal sweep in Washington and Colorado anyway.
The law that passed in Washington and Colorado is in violation of federal law.
This will be a mess up until it reaches the supreme court. In my opinion, you shouldn't expect an easy transition and since the fed's are going to probably try and make a point, don't be the voice of the new rights.

Here in California Medical MJ has been operating against fed law for some time now (10yrs +), and Obama pledged when he took office the first time (4MORE YEARS!!!) to stop the feds from infringing upon the states MMJ laws. Hopefully the country can ignore some people smoking a harmless herb and focus on getting people back to work! Hell it might even stimulate the economy! LOL

I've thought about the novelty of beer either with THC or some flavor of marijuana. Wouldn't necessarily be a beer with alcohol. It's certainly a market to jump into if the Fed ever leaves states with medical marijuana or decriminalized marijuana alone. I think it will take quite a long time, though, because the DEA is always closing medical marijuana shops in large cities.

unionrdr said:
I've seen a couple of cradft breweries that supposedly have some weed in their ales. Leaves on the label,etc. Idk that I would. Might be kinda funky.

I've seen some on tv pertaining to Amsterdam.. here we have our local Uinta Dubhe made with hemp seeds that add a nuttiness to the flavor..

Here in California Medical MJ has been operating against fed law for some time now (10yrs +), and Obama pledged when he took office the first time (4MORE YEARS!!!) to stop the feds from infringing upon the states MMJ laws. Hopefully the country can ignore some people smoking a harmless herb and focus on getting people back to work! Hell it might even stimulate the economy! LOL

You sound like a moderate. And you're from LA (my SWMBO is from Burbank and I have hopes of moving to CA in the next few years) Let's be friends :mug:

Well they make hemp beer and hemp food so we should be able to get some HEMP for beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back