hit a snag with my keezer build.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonPopeil

Reaction score
this is the fridge:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...P&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=30-121565874-2

i'm trying to do 6 kegs. to pull this off i need to have 2 on the compresseor shelf. i made a collar from 2x6 and from my measurements everything was going to work out. what i couldn't measure was the plastic molding on the underside of the door. with a keg on the shelf (front or back) the plastic molding rubs the top of the kegs.

short story: i need to add like 1/8 inch to the collar just to clear the tops of the kegs. probably not even that much. any ideas? i have weather stripping on the bottom side of the collar. maybe there's a weather stripping product that will add a bit of height? i almost want to cut the molding but so far i've made no permanent changes to the fridge.

keezer gap.jpg

keezer molding.jpg

Yes , there is the plastic whether stripping sold at Walmart or lowes that is like the seal around the fridge that should be able to. Work , I built my collar then screwed it on then added the foam kind under it ( double hinge ) and basically I have a gap in the front becouse I didn't put the stripping on first then collar and then screw it on . Just some info so u don't mess up like me . :)

Remove the plastic liner in the top add extra insulation or not then a sheet of FRP Board from HD/Lowes will get you what you need more $ but better seal and cleaner look

image-1739038844.jpg

You are probably going to need more then you think. When I hook up my lines...the connections usually sit above the plane of the racetrack collar on the keg.

You are probably going to need more then you think. When I hook up my lines...the connections usually sit above the plane of the racetrack collar on the keg.
the handles on my kegs sit higher than the ball lock quick connects. i think i can make it if i let hosing droop between the kegs.

you can try to use thin molding from the molding section of the local HW store. You can either use finish nails or glue or both to add a little height to you collar.

g

Back