Arcadia Ales Sky High Rye

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanN

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea on a recipe for this beer? Here's a description from their Facebook page (that's the most info I can find)

In honor of our adventurous friends at Sky Dive Inc., in Hastings, Michigan, we crafted a truly adventurous brew in SKY HIGH RYE. A west-coast-style pale ale with rye malt, SKY HIGH RYE boasts a massive floral aroma of resinous hops. The hops contribute flavor notes of lemons, peaches, and pine needles, combined with the sweet, malty flavors of toffee and bread. Rye adds a pleasant peppery, spicy note like a fresh slice of pumpernickel bread. Very well-rounded and very drinkable, SKY HIGH RYE will surely inspire adventure in all who taste it.

I would love to brew something similar to this tomorrow but I am horrible at formulating recipes.

Thanks for any advice!

I too am eager to brew this beer.
I was at the Ypsilanti Craft Beer Fest. in Michigan last week. I was able to talk to the brewer who gave me some info on how to make it. He was brief:

30% rye
15% wheat
55% two-row

When I asked him the hops, he did not saw what kind he was using, only "43% bittering, 23% flavoring, aroma after the flame is cut." It was hot and everyone was enjoying craft beer so maybe I heard it wrong.

I can't find anything on the web as far as a grain bill/hops sched.

Thanks for the reply! I ended up making a Terrapin Rye (never had it) Ale clone because something with rye sounded good. Please let me know if you make an attempt at cloning this beer, I'd love to hear how it turns out. I was also at the beer fest in Ypsilanti which got me thinking about attempting a clone of this beer.

Im all about wanting to try this,and am drooling after that description.I love founders red rye probably the best beer ive ever had. I have a question about rye, though. Is it just as good to use flaked rye?And whats the difference? I havent used it but wondering if i could get away with using flaked.

Latest posts

Back