Favorite Pandora Station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlatheSurferDude

Reaction score
So I'm brewing tonight and of course have Pandora going for the tunes. So I'm just wondering what what's your favorite Pandora Station? I have many and very diverse but all ways looking for something different and new.

If I was to say which is my favorite, I'm not sure. I enjoy the cool 80's, Buffet, to Johhny Cash, Kenny Chesney, Beastie Boys, Rush, Moby, Pouges, Ghostland Observatory, Floyd, U2, ACDC. One that I listen to that most probably have not heard is Rainmakers. A local group from way back when.

So what others should I be listening to?

Man if you have punched all those groups into 1 pandora station, it should answer that ? for you.

Rolling Stones is the best! Although they like to toss in a bit much Peter Tosh for my liking. The mix is unreal. I also like the White Stripes channel.

Sam Bush!! If you don't know who he is.....God help you!

So I just looked him up (don't recognize the name) and see that he is playing in my home town on 7/6 this year. City puts on a free Friday night concert series and apparently he will be here. Will have to try and attend that one.

I'm usually Doobie Brothers or ZZTop during brew day but after a quick YouTube search... I am now a fan of Joe Bonamassa... WOW :rockin:

Actually for brewing I listen to The Brewing Network. Listening to Jamil while brewing just seem to be the right thing to do. LOL

But Pamdora is awesome how one station will evolve over time

If you choose The Black Keys, you get interesting mix of old and new blues, some Stones, and some current bluesish alt-rock like White Stripes and such.

Doesn't it ultimately depend on what you thumb up or down? That raises an interesting question: could you start with the Celine Dion station and slowly train until it plays Iron Maiden? Or do your songs only ever come from a main artist list?

Gnarls Barkley. (I did the thumbs-up / thumbs-down thing and ended up with a gnarls Barkley station that played Frank Sinatra and Al Green. )

McGarnigle said:
Doesn't it ultimately depend on what you thumb up or down? That raises an interesting question: could you start with the Celine Dion station and slowly train until it plays Iron Maiden? Or do your songs only ever come from a main artist list?

Some of their stations don't make any sense, I typed in Dead By April and I had to thumbs down like 100 bands to get the ones I wanted. On the other side I have found that by thumbs upping certain bands on other stations I have found that some of those bands seem to show up on stations that are not the same style.

I like 80's music but I really like Pandora's default Hard Rock station. :D That or my Iron Maiden station

It's pretty genius. If you pick one band, it's pretty predictable initially.

I first got Pandora about 7 years ago. I made a station including about 8 seed artists. I played with it for a couple of months and discovered some great bands, and also gave a bunch of crap the thumbs down. I then got bored and forgot about for five years.

A couple of years ago I fired it up, and it played for 16 hours without playing one song I didn't love. Pretty amazing.

If you choose The Black Keys, you get interesting mix of old and new blues, some Stones, and some current bluesish alt-rock like White Stripes and such.

Love the Keys.

My wife and I often joke that no matter what station you start with, you'll eventually get some Johnny cash.

I love The Devil Makes Three. A little punk bluegrass.

Punk bluegrass, eh. Did you ever get into Split Lip Rayfield out of Kansas? They're still awfully good, but it's missing a little because they didn't replace the wildman guitar player who died of cancer. Look for the album Never Make It Home, and go from there.

I'm an old Thrash Metal fan. Start out with a little Megadeth and then just let Pandora do it's magic. It seldom disappoints :D

I had Tool radio cranking today. When it drifts, I switch to Devin Townsend, then Devin Townsend Band, then Devin Townsend Project, and back to Tool. Usually gets a cool mix.

Redlight King. I don't listen to much new music, but I found that group, punched them up in Pandora, and I'm mostly pleasantly surprised...with a few "skips" that are more hip hop oriented than I care to hear.

Tool channel is good. Get some pain of salvation, rush, dream theater as well as others. Trivium is good stuff too

Back