• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Temp Controller and Immersion Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a 25ft home made copper immersion chiller I'd trade or sell but I'm pretty sure shipping would outweigh any value it has.

This is my 50 ft copper 1/2" is immersion chiller with garden hose disconnects that I am going to sell.

ForumRunner_20110929_184925.jpg

I can make ya a 20 footer or a 50 footer if ya want.

20 feet of 3/8 copper cost me 21 and some change
50 foot of 3/8 i can get for 44 and some change

Add 15 bucks for me to build and whatever shipping cost would be. if ya want fittings would be a little more, but im sure ya can put them on if need be...

I can post a pic of my last 20 footer if ya wanna check it out..

I can post a pic of my last 20 footer if ya wanna check it out..

Please do. Add give a quote for a 20 and a 50 shipped to 32401 zip. Also it needs to be 10 inches wide to fit inside of a bucket. I can put on the fittings myself.

It will be used as a pre-chiller for this Florida ground water. Thanks...

1MadScientist said:
How wide is that? I'm looking for a 10 inch wide one to fit INSIDE of a bucket. How much is it shipped to 32401?

It is 9 7/8" as the outside diameter. About 13-15" to the top of the coils depending on which side you measure. It has been used on about 5 batches and is $85 shipped. Soldered fittings on the top...done by the pros, not me.

I only have forms to shape at 7" ID and 8 1/2" ID though....add about a 1/2 for the OD for 3/8 copper...can make it as tall or short as ya want.

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

I only have forms to shape at 7" ID and 8 1/2" ID though....add about a 1/2 for the OD for 3/8 copper...can make it as tall or short as ya want.

That's a piece of art. You do good work.

Maybe my one immersion chiller will get me by for the fall and winter season. I'll re-visit the 2nd pre-chiller come next summer.

I'm still looking for a temp controller though.

I have a Johnson Digital Temperature Controller with a long temperature probe. I never thought about selling it before, so I have no idea what it's worth.

Edit- I just looked at Northern Brewer, and it costs far more than I guestimated! I'm going to hang onto it, as I may decide to use it in the future. It came off of my HLT, and I may decide I need it for a keezer project. Sorry about this useless post.

I have a Johnson Digital Temperature Controller with a long temperature probe. I never thought about selling it before, so I have no idea what it's worth.

Id be interested depending on how much youre looking for.

EDIT: Set you a PM about it.

Now you have to sell it to me, drool, drool, drool........

Sorry about that! I looked at how much it was worth, and thought "Wow- I would hate to have to need one and have to replace it!" so I'm going to hang onto it for a while just in case I need it after all.

I have a whole basement full of stuff that I"m no longer using. But I HATE shipping stuff and I'm pretty lazy besides. Maybe someday I'll dig it all out and have a "Brewery sale". I have my old electric HLT with a 1500 w element, a 10 gallon cooler MLT, an immersion chiller, carboys, etc. But I keep thinking I might want to do something with that stuff "someday".

That's a piece of art. You do good work.

Maybe my one immersion chiller will get me by for the fall and winter season. I'll re-visit the 2nd pre-chiller come next summer.

I'm still looking for a temp controller though.

Thanks bud, i also seem to just like the hose and hose clamp method. Ive made them with compression fittings before and 8 out of 10 they will leak. Plus its not as heavy too. Yeah, just let me know if ya ever need one...

Back