Brewery names--what's your story?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chose "BarnYard Brewery" because of my last name being Barnard. Growing up kids always called me Barnyard. Also, when telling people how to spell my name, I say "Barnyard without a Y"

9cxKRx

I have decided on 911 Brewing Co. for 3 reasons. dad is a fire man and is retiring in may after 36 yrs, I am also a paramedic/ fireman and my late father in law was a 911 dispatcher for 20 + yrs. . So the Name just seemed to fit , My first beer is a Lager so I called it Long lay lager. Label soon to come.

Great thread. I haven't thought about this, but my roommate suggested "Flying Frog Fish Headweiser".

Flying frog fish headweiser is way too close to dogrish head. Also the name is too long. Picking a company name is more of an art than anything. I would stick to something with two names only, it seems to be easier to say and fits well in normal conversations.

For example: There is a great craft brewery in michigan called Jolly Pumpkin.

Dieter Von Brauhaus, because I am nicknamed Dieter from a Mike Myers skit on Sat Night Live where he was Deiter Schultz German techno interviewer because I like to listen to German techno.:rockin:

My Brewery is called Arsenal Brewery. Or it can be referred to simply as 'The Arsenal'. I'm a government contractor for a machine shop and I was working on a job for one of the arsenals here and I thought it was a cool name. That and the Arsenal football club is going to wreck Barcelona in the Champions game coming up!!!

Flying frog fish headweiser is way too close to dogrish head. Also the name is too long. Picking a company name is more of an art than anything. I would stick to something with two names only, it seems to be easier to say and fits well in normal conversations.

For example: There is a great craft brewery in michigan called Jolly Pumpkin.

It was a joke. Flying Dog, Dogfish Head, and Budweiser frogs all together at last.

Looking for some HBT help on naming my brewery.

I love Snowboarding/Mountain Biking, so some of the shortlist:

Backcountry Brewing Co.
Singletrack Brewing Co.
Fall Line Brewing Co.
Powder Hound Brewing Co.
Out of Bounds Brewing Co.
Straightline Brewing Co.
Snow Ghost Brewing Co.

I'm open to using other things than Brewing Co. like Brewhouse, Ale Works, etc.

Help a brother out!

Backcountry Brewing Co.
Singletrack Brewing Co.
Fall Line Brewing Co.
Powder Hound Brewing Co.
Straightline Brewing Co.
Snow Ghost Brewing Co.

Help a brother out!

SwitchBack Bru Haus

Mine comes from SWMBO. Her dad had a stuffed Ravens head he bought at a yard sale when she was young. They lived on Raven street at the time so he thought it was cool. At any rate, we recently inherited it and now I think it's cool. Plus, I can use Poe references when naming my beers now (i.e. Hop Frog for my IPA).

Here's the head--and no, I don't know why anybody would ever pay to stuff a Raven's head.

DSC00500.JPG

I just saw it was stuffed in Jan. of '71 which is the month I was born. Even better.

Avion Brewing.

I am a pilot and have a French last name. All of my labels have pictures of airplanes on them.

Just a suggestion / thought. "Avion", the word, has a bad rep these days because of the Bird Flu. It could deter a consumer from choosing your product over another, all else constant. Aviator may be a better choice. Not only is it more assertive as a name, but it also doesnt have a bad rep...great movie, trustworthy people, professionals,... the list goes on.

For a suggestion I would read "Starbucked" it is the story of how starbucks started and became a giant. The passage in there that stuck out was how they formulated their name. Apparently the three founders wanted a name that stands out in peoples heads. After researching they found words with ST and hard K's or other strong letters stand out in a persons head more. But they were sitting by the ocean and a freighter passed by them with the name Starbuc or something.

I kind of got side tracked there, sorry...BA in Marketing :p

Just a suggestion / thought. "Avion", the word, has a bad rep these days because of the Bird Flu. It could deter a consumer from choosing your product over another, all else constant. Aviator may be a better choice. Not only is it more assertive as a name, but it also doesnt have a bad rep...great movie, trustworthy people, professionals,... the list goes on.

He's a homebrewer. He's not trying to market to people, so his brand name really isn't that important. It's just for his own personal use and fun.

If he does eventually want to go pro, then Avion (or Avian) might not be a good choice for the reasons you mention.

Unfortunately, Aviator is already the name of a brewery about 10 miles from my house, so that one might have issues with trademarks and whatnot.

He's a homebrewer. He's not trying to market to people, so his brand name really isn't that important. It's just for his own personal use and fun.

If he does eventually want to go pro, then Avion (or Avian) might not be a good choice for the reasons you mention.

Unfortunately, Aviator is already the name of a brewery about 10 miles from my house, so that one might have issues with trademarks and whatnot.

haha, touche

Back in the day I lifeguarded at a popular beach on the east coast. Before shifts you were assigned to your stand (1-14). Everyone wanted Stand Eight because it had the most action.

Cheers,
Brad

Blue Zoo Brew. Blue zoo is a nickname for the Air Force Academy, just outside colorado springs. While my wife and I were there was when we found our appreciation for craft beer.

Backcountry Brewing Co.
Singletrack Brewing Co.
Fall Line Brewing Co.
Powder Hound Brewing Co.
Straightline Brewing Co.
Snow Ghost Brewing Co.

Help a brother out!

Backcountry is the name of a smallish brewery here in Colorado, Singletrack is the name of a beer by Boulder. The rest should be fair game.

I'm partial to Straightline.

Backcountry Brewing Co.
Singletrack Brewing Co.
Fall Line Brewing Co.
Powder Hound Brewing Co.
Straightline Brewing Co.
Snow Ghost Brewing Co.

Help a brother out!

Powder Hound kinda sounds like you really, really like cocaine... but it has a nice ring to it!

How about 'Powder Down'.... kinda rings of Pound - her - down. (a slang for drinking fast and not the domestic abuse kind) :)

I could see everyone standing around your bar, raising a pint and yellin'/slurin' "powder down".

I don't have one yet, but I am leaning towards "Twisted Tenants Brewery"
I live with my brother, and enjoy off the wall foods, beers, extreme beers, etc. Any thoughts/suggestions. I am a chef as well, so I could tie that in too.

Powder Hound is a name of Big Sky Brewing's Winter Ale and Great Northern in Whitefish, MT has a beer named Snow Ghost.

If you're going with the ski/shred scene, what about Booter Brewing or Final Descent...or Super Sick Neon Shradical Bomb-droppin' Amplitude Ale! (kidding, unless you like it :p)

three trolls brewing my wife and son and I. we live in lower michigan and everyone knows that trolls live under the bridge

While buying some kielbasa at my polish butcher, the owner looked at my name on my debit card (Chmela) and told me that my name meant "hops". I looked it up to find out that Saaz hops are also known as Zatecky Chmel

So while Chmela Brewing is not the wacky name I thought I might use, I wanted to honor the fact my family came from a hop growing area of Europe. Or that we drink a lot of beer, either one.

Chmela Brewing
Strange brew for Strange people

Devils Well Brewery. devils well is a sink hole near where i grew up that the bottom fell through to a cave with a lake at the bottom. The lake just happens to be the second largest known underground lake in the world and theirs a sprial staircase that leads down the hole so u can see a little part of it. Pretty cool stuff also i got married at the other end of the aquifer where it empties into the the current river 10 miles away. Before the ceremony i swam in the cave spring as a joke, On that day i was white valed virgin after that cold swim

I am going with "DogFace Brewing Co."

We call our yellow Labrador the "Dogface Killer"

I use the name Captain Dogface on Xbox online also and I think I am going to use the same label for my brewery as I use for Call of Duty HAHAHA Here is the label I am thinking of using!

dogface.jpg

What do you think????

Choking Chicken Brewery: Give Us a Tug!

180310_501564949759_520264759_6393664_1944723_n.jpg

I was in the 22nd Signal BDE in Germany and on our patch was a Griffin head (I know it's an eagle's head) and we called it the Choking Chicken. The colors have since been furled.

I was in A Co. 440th Sin BTN, 22nd Sig BDE
We were the Alpha Gators so my first beer is:

Gator Piss Ale"Raise Your G.P.A."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/22nd_Signal_Brigade_(United_States)

Back