STC-1000 mounting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old_E

Reaction score
I have gathered all the bits and pieces to complete the build - I think. Anyway, I am attempting to build like this one: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/stc-1000-wiring-333680/

I don't quite understand how to mount this in the plate and make it stay. I can pull the little orange tabs off the sides of the controller, then grind the edge of the cover panel until it slides in, but how will it stay in there???

Thanks.

The orange tabs slide forward to sandwich the cover plate between the controller front panel and the tabs.

You actually use the orange tabs to hold it in. Take the tabs off and cut a rectangle in the surface you are mounting it in. Try to make the rectangle cut out so STC 1000 just barely slides in...make it a tight fit. Push it in all the way until the flange stops it. Then just reinstall the orange clips from the inside, click them forward as far as you can sandwiching the plate in between the flange and the clips. Piece of cake!

Ok. I just did this and 2 problems:

1. The orange tabs don't slide all the way up and

2. The mounting plate doesn't line up with the deeper 4 gang box I got.

WTF?

Disregard #2 more idiocy on my part.

The orange tabs slide on with the flexible end toward the cover plate. Like this. If that doesn't get it tight, you may need to double-up on the thickness of your cover plate. Mine is mounted in thin sheet metal and it seems to work just fine.

I put one of my ST1000's in the front of a freezer on my fermentation cabinet build and the little orange tabs on the side would not lock on due to the depth of the hole insulation and everything.

A little clear silicone hold's it in nicely.

Back