Sanitized bottles couple of weeks ago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffNYC

Reaction score
And covered them in a plastic tub. Do I need to re-sanitize them or are they good to go?

I regularly use bottles that were sanitized weeks earlier, but they are stored inverted on a bottle tree. So, I guess it depends on how clean the tub was and if you think anything fell into them or not.

I would say you should absolutely sanitize them again. IMO, you should ALWAYS be sanitizing things immediately before use.

JimC said:
I regularly use bottles that were sanitized weeks earlier, but they are stored inverted on a bottle tree. So, I guess it depends on how clean the tub was and if you think anything fell into them or not.

I covered the tub with a cover (some where in a box covered with foil). Don't see how anything could fall in except perhaps initially a little dust (which would have been there had I bottled as planned).

I'm hestitant to use these, but do not like to sanitize. Is this a relax, don't worry thing or really critical that I sanitize again.

I have yet to have a spoiled batch...knock on wood.

I'd strongly suggest sanitizing them again. There are millions upon millions upon millions of microscopic beasties that would just love to get into your beer; why take chances? Personally I sanitize everything immediately before use.

Ok, ok.

Normally I bottle immediately after sanitizing also...

Better safe than sorry I guess.

I would sanitize again. To make bottling easier, I will sanitize the bottles and one of those plastic storage bins ( including the lid and outside of the bin ) the night before but I wouldnt go any loner than that without a resan.

Back