Bell's Oracle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volsfan5012

Reaction score
I want to try to make something like or clone the Bell's Oracle.
Anybody have some info? I have only had it on tap. This year I was to late, it was off the tap list when I got to Bells.
Any help would be appreciated.

Commercial Description is always a decent starting point...

Our take on the West Coast-style Double India Pale Ale, The Oracle places hop intensity first & foremost, making only the slightest concession to malt & balance. The fireworks start with the aromatic punch of dry-hop sessions with hop varieties from the Pacific Northwest. Resinous, citrusy hop flavors mixed with aggressive bitterness from a massive kettle addition deliver on that aromatic promise.

Alcohol by Volume: 10.0%
Original Gravity: 1.088

P.S. If the OG is 1.088 and the ABV is 10% then the FG is 1.013

P.P.S. my guess is lots of simcoe plus citra hops for that delicious pineapple note but that pineapple note doesn't come from all (of the 3 I believe) hop farms that produce simcoe.

P.P.P.S. I think my hop suspicions are supported by the "This one goes to 11 Ale" description on the Bells Blog that uses similar verbiage as the commercial description for Oracle

http://bellsbeer.com/blog/
"The citrus & resinous pine notes of the Pacific Northwest hop family are also well represented, making their presence known through Simcoe, Citra, and the newly released Mosaic varietal"

I'll be keeping track of this thread. Please post a recipe, if you come up with one you think will be close.

We did a Bell's event at my work a while back and I snapped this picture...
BBeqV.jpg

It gives you a few more details for the beer. Hope this helps.

Back