Cheap rhizomes on ebay.. running out

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If you look in classifieds theres a post for an ebay vendor selling cheap rhizomes...

she is selling them in sets of 10, for 20 bucks. It costs 7 bucks to ship it but 10 rhizomes (plus she says she puts a couple extra in there) for 27 bucks sounds like a hell of a deal for me especially since freshops.com sells them max 3 for 5.50 each.

I ordered 1 of the last 2 sets of 10 she has.. now I need to design my hopgarden.. im thinking of using my south wall.. with SWMBO approval. It gets sunlight most of the day.:ban:

I don't grow hops (yet), so I may be totally off base here, but I think it *may* be a bit too late in the season to get them in the ground now.

I don't grow hops (yet), so I may be totally off base here, but I think it *may* be a bit too late in the season to get them in the ground now.

your correct.. it is too late in the season to expect anything out of them.. at least from what I have been reading.

But I can still get them in the ground and have several months for the roots to establish themselves so that they do grow well next spring.

Besides, you dont get anything the first year anyway.

Tell you what.. ill pot a couple if you want and bring them to the AB/GE tours if you can convince her to let you have some. Assuming you want a Cascade.

Back