Best of Both Worlds Cheesecake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmseven4

Reaction score
OK, we all love beer and bacon so why not combine the two in the ultimate cheesecake! I made this for my homebrew club's Christmas party and it got rave reviews.

Cheesecake Recipe:
http://www.grouprecipes.com/31354/new-york-style-cheesecake.html
(I left out the lemon juice and replaced the graham crackers with finely crushed pretzels.)

While the cheesecake bakes, fry up 6-8 slices of thin cut bacon until very crispy(not burnt) and then crumble it. When cake cools, spread crumbled bacon over top of cheesecake.

Ganache Recipe:
12-14 ounces chopped dark chocolate
8 ounces Imperial Stout reduced down to 2-3 ounces
8 ounces Heavy Cream
2 tablespoons butter

Reduce Imperial Stout then add cream to pan and bring to a simmer, over low heat add chocolate and stir until almost completely melted, remove from heat, add butter and stir until everything is melted and you have a very smooth ganache. Let cool a little and once it starts to thicken pour over top of cheesecake. Let cool on counter a few hours then place in fridge overnight. Serve the next day drizzled with the caramel sauce accompanied by your favorite Imperial Stout or English Barleywine. I served mine with The Bruery's "Black Tuesday" as an additional gift to the club.

Caramel Sauce Recipe:
I followed Sean Paxton's recipe for Rochefort 10 Caramel Sauce but used a homebrewed English Barleywine instead.
http://www.merchantduvin.com/pages/1_about/recipes/rochefort_8_ice_cream.htm/

This sounds tasty to me but the family has voted no on the bacon and this is coming from bacon loving kids. The rochefort 10 caramel sauce must be awesome. Who can say no to sweet bleu?

I always find it interesting when I see NY style cheesecake recipes with that big thick graham cracker crust. lol I lived in NYC for 3 years and never came across a cheesecake with that big thick graham cracker crust. They all had a thin almost dusted on crust. I still make mine with the thin crust.

Try putting some bacon on a third of it and then cover it with the ganache. If you can remember which part of the cheesecake has the bacon you can serve that to yourself and then let them try it. Or sprinkle it on top of a small portion before the ganache firms up...

Latest posts

Back