Anyone have a few Puff Pastry recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fly223

Reaction score
Hello, folks. My GF and I will be hosting a small get together in a few weeks and we were looking for a few simple recipes that include puff pastry. I’m not really looking for pie recipes, since I’ll be making an Apple and Pecan Pie. I’m mainly looking for appetizer recipes.

Thanks in advance

Mince mushrooms. Combine with rate garlic paste and rosemary s &p. Place in rolled out puff. Next top mush mix with Swiss chard (cooked and strained) and brie cheese. Wrap like a borrito and flip over so mush is on top. Make a few slits in puff and brush with egg wash or milk or butter. High heat (500) tip golden brown. You now have a mushroom encroute. Cheers

That sounds awesome basilchef. Another one I like to do is take butternut squash and take nice thin round slices from it. Coat the pastry in garlic butter and put the butternut squash on like a focaccia, bake. Top with shaved parmigiano reggiano and fried sage leaves.

Lay out three sheets of pastry, beat one egg and brush on to the sheets (presuming yours are in a six sheet pack)finely grate over them strong cheddar cheese & parmesan, some minced garlic and a sprinkling of Italian herbs. Lay the three remaining sheets over the top and cut into strips recipe said about 10mm I made mine 25mm press together and twist them, at this stage I was feeling like giving up I am not Pastry cook or Chef, far from it, this part seemed really difficult and they looked terrible but after baking them to a nice golden brown they were magnificent and went down a real treat

That's a nice take on the breadsticks I make sometimes pigsaarz... I will usually use pesto and Parmesan though.

butternut and sage were ment for eachother. another idea i have done in the past is fill them with pulled pork and press together the edges witha fork (like ravioli) and deep fry them. top with cole slaw. or fill with leeks apples bacon/sausage and marcapone/creamcheese. again fried. Or just FRY the stuff all by its self. (i think you see what im getting at) cheers and i hops all works out.

I make pesto pinwheels out of puff pastry. Just thaw and spread with pesto (homemade or store bought). Roll, chill, slice and bake. Easy peasy!

I made a "cheap wellington" recipe with hamburger and brunschweiger, with a thick mushroom sauce.

Basically make balls of meat with 70% or so hamburger and 30% brunschweiger, soak in brandy, dip in a thick mushroom sauce, maybe just use campbell's cream of mushroom soup, then wrap in the puff pastry, and bake.

Sorry I can't be more specific. It was a one-off recipe I made a few years ago, but it came out really well.

Basically, it was little appetizer balls, rather than a main course. All I remember was that I was very poor at the time and it tasted incredible. It fully appetized a dozen guests for less than twenty bucks.

Back