Dallas / Fort Worth Grain Buy #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tealio

Reaction score
This will be our thread space for Group Buy #3.

Brad (sewaneemail) will be our organizer for this buy, please stay tuned for his direction.

A local craigslist ad will be live soon as well, to help drive non-HBT members to our group buy and to the HBT world.

Cheers guys!

We have commitments for roughly a third of a pallet already, so if you are intersted, please respond with the number of sacks you want. I also have the current CMG price list that I'll send if you PM me. Still looking for a place to handle the deliver, so if you can offer that, please let me know.

Several people have also asked about splitting specialties. I don't mind keeping track of that as well, so if you only want a partial of some speciality, please indicate that as well. As we get closer to filling the pallet and/or reaching a full bag of specialty, I'll update the thread.

Thanks.

Good luck organizing this buy. It's a lot of work but worth it in the end. If you get a lot of splits like we did in round 2 my advise is to have multiple people help with splitting the grain. We only had 2 people a it was a ton of work. I'm good on base grain but might jump on some splits.

I wish I could hop in with you guys, but since the last grain buy I went and knocked up SWMBO and now my grain storage is turning into a baby's room.......

I'm in for 5 bags, details below:

1 - CM-2ROW
1 - GW-VIEN
1 - CM-MUNH
1 - CM-SPIL
1 - BD-MOPA

Shoot me a PM with payment arrangements, thanks!

I'm in for 5 bags, details below:

1 - CM-2ROW
1 - GW-VIEN
1 - CM-MUNH
1 - CM-SPIL
1 - BD-MOPA

Shoot me a PM with payment arrangements, thanks!

Decided I'd prefer Golden Promise over Maris Otter, please substitute 1 - TF-GPRM for 1 - BD-MOPA. Thanks!

I would be interested in splitting a few bags of specialty malt like Raüch, pilsner, wheat or rye. Would someone be able to PM me about ordering details? I would also be willing to help split up bags or coordinate that as well.

Is there a reason why the price list is even secret?

We are trying not to cause any problems with CMG by posting their price list to the general public. Our last rep (from the first group buy) was not the most pleasant person to deal with. I understand that she is no longer there, but just to be safe and not cause any problems, we decided not to post the price list on the forum. Sorry for the extra step and the inconvenience. If anyone wants the list, just send me a PM.

I'm good on base malts, but if anyone does some splits, I'd like;

15# of GB-HONY (I'll go as high as 30# on this)
10# of aromatic (BZ-ARO or similar)
10# of wheat or organic wheat.
10# of flaked barley.
5# of soylent green.

Can I get a price list too please
Also, curious if you guys only get grain with this type of purchase, or if you do hops or other things.

If anyone wants to start keeping track of splits yet, I alraedy told Brad I'm in for 2 base grain bags, but I would also be down for:

20# Wheat
10# Crystal 60-80
5-10# Chocolate
5-10# Rye

And I can specify if I want it milled or not correct?

They can mill the grain, however at a extra cost, and I'm not sure if they will mill only one sack.

Additionally unless you are going to use it all at once it would lose its freshness very quickly.

I'm sure there are plenty of brewers that would be happy to let you mill your sack when it arrives or as needed for your batches- myself included! Bring me a beer and I'll be happy to fire her up.

Here is a pic of my mill station- way larger than it should have ever been, but I put wheels on it and told myself I'd never need to build another!

My motor is from 1942! Works like a champ!

img1415yh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

img1252iq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

With Bendavanza's 2 sacks, we are at 30 sacks. Getting closer to the full pallet of 42. If you want in on this, please get me your order.

25# Munich
10# crystal (any kind)
25# Pilsen
25# Pale Ale
10# chocolate
I'd be interested in making up any 5-10# split of other stuff too.
Cheers!
Also i'd be interested in splitting a hop order if that's possible.

Hop orders are tough as they are a minimum of 11 lbs an order, same variety.

I would recommend we think about organizing an easy HopsDirect order just to save money on shipping.

I have tons in the freezer since I have ordered 5-10 lbs from them twice.

Here is there harvest info so we have a little time.

From Hops Direct -
New 2012 Harvest Crop Leaf will be available late September/early October. We will release them as they are harvested, a few at a time. We start pelletizing our leaf here on the farm directly after harvest and look for a late October – December release date on our pellet varieties.

Need a price list also how can i get one together for Abilene have some buddies there is that something your willing to share??

No one at CMG got mad... I just made the call that if they don't post their price list on their website then I wouldn't post it either. This is a wholesale order that circumvents the normal hobbyist way of acquiring grain. Plus each region has different prices and when we actually order, some price change will occur. The price change will only be +/- a few cents so it shouldn't matter to our buy. If another group buys in another region and uses our price list it would be different enough to make a reasonable difference, and then there would be some confusion.

I'm looking at what my four sacks will be right now! Awesome job guys!

Once paypal is complete we will order. Once we get our full list of sacks I will request invoice and will request to change my shipping location with CMG.

My order will be -

1. GW2ROW- $28.50
2. BD-MOPA- $40.70
3. GWPALE- $28.50
4. Briess 5303 Pilsen- $31

Plus $16 for freight for 4 sacks-

Double check my total!

- $144.70

I would like to get in for at least 2 sacks of 2 Row Pils. Not sure what's available. Someone point me in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back