help me???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rohan

Reaction score
hi guys.

my beer has been fermenting for nearly 10 days now. i checked it with the hydro and it measured 1010. so its nearly finished. is this normal. i have never had one go this long?? should i be concerned?? :confused:

thanks guys. i just thought that if you beer ferments for over a week its not good... maby im just panicking a bit..

si i gues all good things come to those who wait hay??

I've got a beer that took 2 weeks to get down to 1.025 from 1.091 (the trippel in my sig). That batch was bubbling about 2 hours after I pitched the yeast, too.

It all depends on your pitching rate, gravity, oxygenation, yeast viability, temps, etc. Lots of variables. If you're down to 1.010, you should be good to go.

Well, you say "nearly finished". What did you expect it to get down to?

Unless it started below about 1.045, I'd say yes.....it's ready to bottle.

it was 1040 before fermentation. now its 1010 and i was going to bottle it at 1005

the sg says to bottle at 1005. but i did bottle it at 1010, there was no change in sg gravity over 3 days so i bottled it. we only put them in secondary in australia if thay are going in to kegs. but im getting a get set on the 29th for my birthday. so i will be doing that, putting the beer in secondry.. i dont know why we dont.. all we seem to do over here is buy the can of beer, add 1kg of dextrose, yeast and into your fermenter. after that we bottle it (with the tea spoon of sugar to)

Back