What did you find under your tree?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProfessorWoland

Reaction score
Happy Christmas all!

I've got my first keg today (a 2 and a half gallon corny keg) and a regulator. Can't wait to try it.

New turkey fryer and a 25 kilo bag of Maris Otter. Project 20 gallons of ESB begins very soon.

Beer gun and another party pig. My kegging operation just became more mobile.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Home Brew mobile app

Not sure yet.... but as I was brewing this morning along with making cinnamon rolls for the family .. I was asked if I used all my brew water???? Saying yes.. I got a look of concern and my boy jumped in his truck to go to the store...:D .......hummm, wonder whats in that box over >>>>> there.. looks just big enough for a 5 gal partial mash recipe :ban:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387982439.530511.jpgbig ass scoop for grain

It's early in California but I was delivered two books via the Kindle store on Hops and Yeast. Very excited to read them and understand things more. Merry Christmas to all.

Lets see three cases of bottles, 2 brewers best American cream ales, and one brewers best kolsch. So yea a good Christmas.

Yep! Got a scale with resolution down to 0.1 g and a Northern Brewer gift cert, which works out really well because I also received an AHA 1-year membership, and that gets me a discount at Northern Brewer, so I'm going to put those together and get a false bottom.

My birthday is a couple days before Christmas, and I was given a pH meter which I put to good use on last weekend's brewday (hit a perfect 5.3 mash pH!)

Merry Christmas HBT'ers!

50# Vittles Vault
40#/10# combo Iris storage containers
11# kitchen scale
38oz aluminum scoop
55# MO

Can anyone say bulk storage???

I got a 10 gal. Insulated mash tun, wort chiller, refractometer, two 2.5 gal. conicals, Jamil's Yeast book and Designing Great Beers! Just have to say I have the best parents and brother!

image.jpg

10 gallon mash tun with stainless false bottom
digital thermometer with timer and probe
big ass toaster oven to make bread out of spent grains.

thanks, mama!

50lb Sack of 2-Row
15lb Barley Crusher Grain Mill and low speed drill
Refractometer
Stir bar x2
Graduated Cylinder
Grain Storage buckets w/ twist off lids
Grain Scale

Lets just say my brother/sister/parents came through on all of the grain side for brewing! :mug:

Here's my haul...

Cereal Killer Grain Mill
pH meter
O2 regulator
Brew Chem 101
$50 gift certificate to MoreBeer!

image.jpg

1# Simple
1# Cascade
1# Centennial
50# GW 2-row
1 pack 1056
1 pack 1007
Stir plate
2L flask
Switches and goodies for my dual pump build (no pumps yet... waiting till the new year!)

All in all, damn good Xmas!

Chugger pump and wife let me buy 50 ft 5/8 copper tube so that counts I think. And my MAW beers that were hostage

hUqok8q.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Home Brew mobile app

Tangentially related to brewing: was given an outdoor smoker from my in-laws. Plan on smoking some grains with different types of wood.

Got two brewing books, and a book I'm returning for a wine tasting book!

Yeah, and another year of homebrewing license from my GF!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Home Brew mobile app

Got two brewing books, and a book I'm returning for a wine tasting book!

Yeah, and another year of homebrewing license from my GF!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Home Brew mobile app

Homebrewing License??

Plate chiller
Refractometer
A bundle of camlock fittings
3 piece ball valve
A bottle of 2012 KBS from founders

Kv6ck3O.jpg

My girlfriend got me this 100 gallon behemoth. I'm not sure that I can even take it back to my apartment 70 miles away yet, let alone make enough beer to make using it feasible. Even if I did 15 gallons at once in it, it would barely be full enough to steep a grain bag in. But I'm very grateful none-the-less

Well darn,, there was not a recipe worth of grain, hops and DME in that box.... there was TWO 5 gal worth... :ban:

And a 5gal short keg converted to ball lock, and new pressure release lid (I needed a pin lock keg for it's lower height , but all my lines and other kegs are ball lock, hence the conversion)

Hmmm, did a 5gal IPA this morning while making cinnamon rolls.. and have a few hours before dinner ..... I think this calls for another batch today...... the Porter I think.

I found a two tier Carboy stand made of repurposed pallet wood. I think she's telling me to get my stuff in order. Gotta love a girl that knows her way around a wood shop!ImageUploadedByHome Brew1387994681.346540.jpg

My sister got me a dozen 1 liters with custom labels. She took our highly inappropriate name of "Just The Tip Brewery" (wedding crashers, anyone?) and incorporated an iceberg so now I can actually give them as gifts.

i got a food saver 2244, stirstarter stir plate and a gift card to brew and grow.

Back