11.2 oz bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bricks41

Reaction score
I want to bottle what I'm hoping will be my best beer to date, 11%+ RIS. I want to use 11.2 oz bottles and dip in wax to assist with aging. I've looked around and haven't found a vendor... help? SWMBO loves this beer but its very unlikely she will drink 40 by the time its ready to be bottled.

ForumRunner_20121115_225428.jpg

Moretti is 11.2 and I like their bottle better than that one...pretty cheap too. Sorry, that is all I can offer.

That's ok, I appreciate the response. I am looking for this same type of bottle or at least an elegant, small bottle.

I'm kind of surprised I haven't found a place that sells these new...

I have a few Salvator bottles which are 11.2, but I'm looking for the style of bottle in my picture. Perhaps I'm being too picky on how I want to present this batch? LOL

Dude....Salvatore, that's some good ****. Totally blacked out once in college on that stuff.

Hmmm...the closest thing I can think of is those 16.9 oz (I think) bottles that have that same elegant taper to the neck, but those may be too big for your needs.

I was wondering if these metric bottles would work with the caps used in the US. It happens that I just now finished a 11.2 oz bottle of Troubadour Magma and broke out my bench capper. The cap seemed to seat properly from what I can tell. FWIW.

I appreciate the experiment. Still very surprised that no vendors sell these by the case...

I think leffe it might be spelled different.but its close. That the exact same bottle as your pic. I think i have some in my stash

Leffe is correct. Very easy label removal and the beer is pretty good as well. If your going to pay for bottles, they may as well have beer i them. :cross:

Affligem blonde is another one in those tapered 11.2 oz bottles. It tastes good and the labels come off very easily and cleanly. It's a win-win!

I know I've had some others, but I can't remember any that didn't have a screw-top. Stiegl maybe?

Back