Over dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhutch31

Reaction score
Hello home brew friends! Just finished aging an IPA that I made that I dry hopped a lot. It was a 11.5 gallon batch that I dry hopped with 1.5 oz of Simcoe, 2 oz of Amarillo and 1.5 oz of cascade. The flavor us fantastic, however the beer is very cloudy. It reminds me of a wheat beer or belgian Witt. I have let it sit for a few weeks now and it's the same. Could this be from too much dry hopping? Overall, I love the flavor so I don't care, i was just curious if that much hop resin affects the clarity. Oh ya, I filter my beer too and it didn't help.

Thanks!

John

Is there such a thing as too much dry hop? Especially with an IPA? I doubt it...lol. If its still in the fermenter try crash cooling it. If not...enjoy your delicious hazy beer.

Kind of what I was thinking. Its delicious. Oh well. I'm in a brewing competition next weekend put on by Sierra Nevada in Reno. Not sure how much I'm going to get finger for the haze. It's really cloudy. But, it's the best IPA I have ever made. We will see!

Thanks!

John

Back