High finishing gravity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUZ808

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Im new to this website and to brewing. Made a couple batches that turn out ok.

I had a question about my last batch I made was an amber. It started about 1.045 and only went down to 1.020. After letting it sit a couple more days in the primary and having consistent readings I just racked to my secondary. I am still new to this but I think it should have gone lower than 1.020.:confused:

Please any info and suggestions will help

Thanks

Extract recipe? 1.020 is probably ok. Why are you doing a secondary? Are you dry hoping or adding anything?

yes it was an extract recipe. I wasn't doing anything in the secondary. Thought I needed to get rid of the yeast to get beer to clear but now Im learning that the secondary isn't needed all the time.

Read a little more about the subject of high finishing gravity and would it be simple as stirring the yeast cake some help it get low.

Are there any other options? Please let me know

Back