What temp is to COLD for Coopers Ale Yeast???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbhudy

Reaction score
Yesterday I did a very modified Coopers Kit, but the temp of the wort at the time I pitched the yeast was more in the LOW 60 far. range.. The cooper ale from the kit want the yeast pitched at around 28-21 cel.(84-70 far.). Do you think the temp being to low will cause the yeast to remain innactive? I did not rehydrate the yeast, simply added and stirred in..

Any ideas would be helpful.

I don't have any experience with this particular yeast, but I would guess that it will ferment fine at 60 (given that your ambient temp is 60-70F), it may just take a few days longer than normal to ferment out completely.

Thanks for helping to comfirm my hunch. I added a little heater into the room my fermentor is in to bring the outside temp up to about 70ish to see if raising the surrounding temp will help the fermentation process take hold.

I am hoping that getting the temp outside the fermentation bucket higher then the wort will warm up and allow the yeast to "come to life"..

Latest posts

Back