first timer bottling questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiak3000

Reaction score
generally, i wanted to put about a 6 pack in the fridge at a time, leave the rest in my closet, and rotate, so my questions are-

how long can i keep them in my closet at room temp. before they go bad?
at what time should i start putting them in the fridge after bottling? how long should i keep them in the fridge for before i consume?

thanks...

really depends on the style, but a few months shouldn't be a problem, heck, even 6 months would probably work with most styles. i would wait at least 3 weeks before putting any in the fridge. keep them in the fridge as long as necessary, my guess is they won't last long once in there. ;)

Keep them at room temp for 3 weeks and then you can throw some in the fridge. A week in the fridge will help to clear up the beers.
As for how long you can leave them in the bottle without them going bad depends on the style, but for most you can go over a year. Wheats you want to drink young however.

im brewing an APA, wow that would be awesome if they lasted for a year, unfortunatley i know they will be consumed far before that..

Back