New pics-dont think its mold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay so I think it's the brown stringy yeast or b vitamin thing but just want to be sure. Sorry it's my first time brewing anything and in a bit paranoid. It does look green but I think it's the link tea. New SCOBY is think so just be time to bottle? (14 days)

image-215669948.jpg

Attachments

• image-1527565004.jpg
    image-1527565004.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 438
  • image-3828050726.jpg
    image-3828050726.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 417
Definitely yeast strands. You can rinse them right off, strain the tea. Use your sense of taste to determine when your tea is ready.
Do you plan on doing a secondary ferment or consuming as is? Was this the green pom tea from earlier thread?

Yes it was my green pomegranate tea and it's DELICIOus! Thanks everyone for the help, once I pulled the mother out it was definitely brown strains, I think it just looked green from the pink tea lol. Yes it's fermenting in all different flavors. Then I just stick in fridge right?

In attaching a pic of my SCOBY rinsed. I cut the small one off for next batch, was that silly? I'm starting a continuous brew now but I bought plain kombucha for next starter liquid no more silly flavors.

image-2462522201.jpg

Latest posts

Back