Auber 2352 PIDs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terrazza

Reaction score
Regarding the alarm output on these PIDs, what I'd like to know is if when your temperature of your process (say mash) is reached, can you program the alarm ouput to signal for let's say only 20 to 30 seconds, vs it signalling the alarm until the temperature is brought down below the setting? If so, how do you program one to behave this way?

Thank you!

Holy crap! Still looking for an answer 10 months later? Someone help him out!

From what I've seen in most builds is a alarm reset button. I don't think there is a setting for 30 seconds or whatever. Just my observation.

No the alarm sounds anytime the temperature threshold is exceeded and continues until out of the range. So if you set it for 125 as you heat your water and it reaches 125 ther alarm will sound and continue to sound until the temp falls below 125. This is why most people incorporate a alarm on/off switch into their build.

Sent from my myTouch 3G Slide using Home Brew Talk

No the alarm sounds anytime the temperature threshold is exceeded and continues until out of the range. So if you set it for 125 as you heat your water and it reaches 125 ther alarm will sound and continue to sound until the temp falls below 125. This is why most people incorporate a alarm on/off switch into their build.

Sent from my myTouch 3G Slide using Home Brew Talk

Yup, he's right. Its either on or off depending on your threshold. I highly recommend incorporating an on/off switch for the alarm because they are annoying as hell otherwise:)

Back