Wlp568

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassbone

Reaction score
I've never used the 565 strain, but i'm amazed by wlp568! In 7 days took my saison from 1.065 to 1.008 and its still going. Ambient was 88-90 degrees

Smells AAAMAZING, too!

How did it turn out? I'm 1 week into fermentation with WLP568. It was very active for the first few days at around 72^. It's been sitting in a water bath for the past few days at about 78^. No more bubbles in the airlock and no more kruesen. Should I let the temp rise do you think?

It can't hurt to raise it a bit, but at this point I'm not sure how much flavor or attenuation you will pick up. What is the gravity at?

This turned out pretty well, but since I've tried 3711 and found that I prefer the flavor profile and attenuation of 3711 over 568.

I haven't taken a gravity reading yet since brew day. I'll do that tonight. I think I'll take it out of the water bath and let it sit at ambient a few days before racking to secondary. I plan to dry hop for a week or so before bottling.

Does this strain benefit from a little aging? I just kegged after 3 weeks fermentation and it tastes very yeasty and "greenish". Hoping it improves. Should I let it age at room temp to let the yeast clean up? Or just leave it at 34 F in the keg?

If it's yeasty,I would condition cold. Other off flavors, ones that yeast can clean up, benefit from room temp aging.

Thanks for the advice! My sub par palette determined the off flavor was a little yeasty. 3 days at 34 F and this is one of the best beers I've brewed!

Back