90-Minute IPA Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeRoux's Broux

Reaction score
here's the 90-Minuet IPA clone for Orrelse from Dogfish Head Brewery, that was in the September 2004 issue of BYO. it was done by Sam Calagione and Andy Tveekrem of Dogfish for BYO.
5 g, all-grain
o.g. 1.088 f.g. 1.021
ibu's 90 srm 13 abv 8.7%

16.5 lbs Pilsner Malt
1.66 lbs. amber malt (35)
16 AAU Amarillo hops (90-0 mins)
(2.0 oz of 8% aa)
8.0 AAU Semicoe hops (90-0 mins)
(0.62 oz of 13% aa)
8.0 AAU Warrior hops (90-0 mins)
(0.53 oz of 15% aa)
1 oz Amarillo hops (dry hops)
0.5 oz Simcoe hops (dry hops)
0.5 oz Warrior hops (dry hops)
1 tsp Irish Moss (15 mins)
Wyeast 1099 (Whitbread Ale Yeast)
0.75 cup corn sugar for priming
Mash in @ 122 F, then raise the temperature to 149 F until conversion is complete. Mash out to 170 F. Boil the wort for 105 minutes. Starting with 90 minutes left in the boil, begin slowly and evenly adding hops to the kettle. (This works out to a little over 0.25 oz of hops every 7.5 minutes.) Start fementation @ 71 F and let raise to 74 F. Dry hop in secondary @ 71 F for 3-5 days, then cool to 32 F.

that's all the info they had. i'm sure a single infusion will work fine.

Thanks DeRoux....

The Zymurgy one is slightly different.....I read tonight that the BYO one was direct from Sam Calagione, so If I do it I'm going with that one....

I'm not even going to post the Zymurgy recipe unless somebody wants to compare.

i got my zymurgy in the mail yesterday, and noticed it was a little different. i know the BYO version is good! i've had 3 different batches from friends. i'm sure the zymurgy one is good too.

let us know!

Back