lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raspberry truffle stout and Helles bock

image-3032802704.jpg

image-4169078109.jpg

Chefed up some more pilsner today. Breaking in my new better bottle. Had to make the switch; too many broken carboy horror stories on HBT...

ForumRunner_20130113_172300.png

Wd2048 said:
This sounds tasty. Nice choice. Did you use black patent or chocolate malt?

It was an extract kit given to me as a gift for Christmas. It had dark malt DME AND LME. it was a cheap kit though, not even sure what type hops were included. Don't have much expectations for it! But I'll let you know.

Here are the Lambic Ladies. Turbid mashed Lambic each pitched with different bugs:

Wyeast Lambic Blend
Bugfarm 6
Various dregs (Cantillon, Drie Font etc)
East Coast Yeast Bret Blend
Brett Trois
Brett C

All will be used to blend with my 25 gallon wine barrel that has Bugfarm 6, in 12-24months from now.

This is my dream. I wish I could devote so many fermenters to the sour beer cause. 2 is my limit.

Here are the Lambic Ladies. Turbid mashed Lambic each pitched with different bugs:

Wyeast Lambic Blend
Bugfarm 6
Various dregs (Cantillon, Drie Font etc)
East Coast Yeast Bret Blend
Brett Trois
Brett C

All will be used to blend with my 25 gallon wine barrel that has Bugfarm 6, in 12-24months from now.

View attachment 93855

When you have 6 different strains of Brett do you need to keep 6 separate sets of hoses/transfer equipment like I would assume you do for yeast and Brett?

HellaNutella Milk Stout finally taking off at just about 18-20 hours after pitching WLP001 w/ 1L starter. I think being overnight in the garage at roughly 62-64º slowed the onset of fermentation, so I moved it inside. It's holding at about 72º now and pooting CO2 at regular one-second intervals with a krausen rising nicely.

Snapseed.jpg

Gingerbread Stout

Primary: Blueberry Stout
Clarifying: Fireside Winter Warmer
Conditioning: Gingerbread Stout

ForumRunner_20130123_210035.jpg

Blueberry Stout. About 9 lbs of blueberries were involved in the making of this stout

ForumRunner_20130123_210509.jpg

Primary: Blueberry Stout
Clarifying : Fireside Winter Warmer
Conditioning : Gingerbread Stout

I don't mind at all. I honestly would like to see how it came out first before I dish it out since it's my first original recipe, but I may post before then. It has roasted barely, chocolate malt, wheat extract and of course about 9 pounds of blueberries. I'm at work right now (at "work", brewing is my job, lol) so I can't pull it up yet anyway. I also haven't completely written it up yet, just basically cliff notes now.

I don't mind at all. I honestly would like to see how it came out first before I dish it out since it's my first original recipe, but I may post before then. It has roasted barely, chocolate malt, wheat extract and of course about 9 pounds of blueberries. I'm at work right now (at "work", brewing is my job, lol) so I can't pull it up yet anyway. I also haven't completely written it up yet, just basically cliff notes now.

I also have a post in the "General Techniques" thread named "Blueberry Brew" where I will possibly post the recipe when it's ready

ForumRunner_20130125_193055.png

Imperial oatmeal stout thinking about adding powdered peanut butter in the secondary. Any suggestions??

Back