You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See I told ya!

IMG00422-20120216-1307.jpg

When you're drinking HB while on the HBT Forum on your compuer and when you get up to use the restroom, you take your brew and your iPhone (with the HBT app) with you to continue reading the thread.

Wasn't me....I'm just saying

When you have a perfectly good brew system that has been set up for 4 1/2 months and it have mabe 145gal on it. And know you start to revamp the whole thing and set up a twin two vessel system that will be automated and ran by BrewTroller because brewing 3 10gal batches a day is great but brewing 2 10gal batches at the same time side by side is so much better.

When you wake up and have to go to the bathroom real bad, but insist on checking your airlocks progress before relieving yourself.

When you wake up early & check to see if the batch you pitched on last night is bubbling yet. Even before you head to the coffee pot. Then you hope whoever made the coffee got good mash efficiency...:drunk:

bsigmon1103 said:
When you're drinking HB while on the HBT Forum on your compuer and when you get up to use the restroom, you take your brew and your iPhone (with the HBT app) with you to continue reading the thread.

Wasn't me....I'm just saying

+1, (except I'm an Android user, I must clarify)

When you jump at your wife's request to buy a new $1,500 fridge so that you can have the old one for a kegerator.

Thats why we got a $600 same size as our old one,( only size that fits)now i have one for the basemet lagering/cold condioning my pipline beers and cold crashing loose pellot dry hopping. Now if i could have my own brew kitchen/man cave-someday.

mjdonnelly68 said:
Apologies for the flippancy - always noted that we've been luckier than most.

Wish everyone was as fortunate, hope same for you.

Oh it's ok, I'm not trying to be a bummer. We have been blessed ourselves. Just saying my wife would like to get a bigger fridge too, but it's low on her list right now. High on my list though since I want to current fridge for a kegerator.

That's a sweet deal you got though!

Oh it's ok, I'm not trying to be a bummer. We have been blessed ourselves. Just saying my wife would like to get a bigger fridge too, but it's low on her list right now. High on my list though since I want to current fridge for a kegerator.

That's a sweet deal you got though!

Bide your time Burns. :)

Your time will come.

When you're house sitting for a week and you re-arranged the second fridge of the house to accommodate a 5-gallon carboy for a cold-crash. :D

I took a picture so I can put everything back in the right spot.:mug:

When you plan your next 2 weeks worth of meals with as few perishables as possible, and what perishables you have go in the freezer because you use your rackless fridge to ferment lagers.....yes I do.:rockin:

Or, as I've read before, when you use a mop on the ceiling. I laughed, until it happened to me. A 1.064 OG Jamil's Evil Twin AG from Northern Brewer, plastic airlock. Got home from work the day after brew day and the place reeked of soggy bread. Rounded the corner to where the carboy was....uh-huh. Shredded a sponge mop on the textured ceiling trying to get rid of the sludge. Year and a half later, much is still there. Probably have to paint over it.

When you graduated high school 28 years ago and recently contemplate enrolling in the community college to learn to weld so you can make your own brew stand, take a biology class to learn more about yeast and a chemistry class to understand brewing water.

.....you are trying to figure out how not only how to brew your beer, but temperature control ferment it while staying in an extended stay hotel. (three month stay)

Back