Homebrew Supply Websites

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if your in florida, heartshomebrew.com is nice because it is next day shipping. Otherwise I use homebrewery.com, Rebelbrewing.com, and Hopsdirect.com

if your in florida, heartshomebrew.com is nice because it is next day shipping. Otherwise I use homebrewery.com, Rebelbrewing.com, and Hopsdirect.com

I am very fortunate to have the Home Brewery just up the road from me. Todd is a great guy and his staff are all very good brewers in their own right.

I ordered a regulator from morebeer that was supposed to come with an integrated gasket where the regulator meets the CO2 tank. I hadn't seen that kind of setup before, so I was curious to receive it.

Anyway, there was no such thing in the regulator. I emailed and got a response within hours. They sent me 12 gaskets for free, which is dern near a lifetime supply. I also asked them to add a bottle of star san to the order because I had forgotten to order it the first time. Both items arrived in 2 days via - they sent the package via express mail.

Not a huge deal, but it shows they are serious about keeping customers happy.

Ordered my original equipment from Williams Brewing (got the one with the kettle and chiller). Have since ordered from Midwest for ingredients. Both were easy transactions. Midwest and Northern Brewer seem to have the best websites as far as shopping experience go - I use the Wishlist on Midwest.

I did also order rhizomes from Freshops. It took a while for it to get from OR to NC, but it was an OK transaction.

New place just opened on the West Side of Cincinnati. They are currently open and in the process of getting all of their stock in. Stopped in today and talked to the owner who seems like a great guy. Starting to get a good selection of stuff at reasonable prices. He also designed and sells a little all-in-one brewing machine that looks like you can store it in your kitchen cabinet.

www.tabletopbrewing.com

4312 Harrison Ave
Cincinnati, Oh 45211
513 330-8806

In Philadelphia, I get everything from Home Sweet Homebrew. http://www.homesweethomebrew.com/
The website's a bit amateurish because it's a small, locally-owned shop, but they ship. My girlfriend got my beginner's kit there last year for a very competitive price and they personally delivered it to our apartment several blocks away. That's the kind of personal attention I get from George and Nancy, the couple who own this place. It's homey and they are very experienced and knowledgeable. George has kicked around recipe ideas with me and often suggests practical, lower-cost or space-saving solutions for me. They have almost always had what I needed, but when the didn't they ordered it for me. Excellent service. Local shop, personal attention. They keep me coming back.

so far homebrewersoutpost out of flag staff have been the best for me. I live in Alaska and they only charge me $9.00 shipping for an 8lb box kit with liquid yeast. While other sites (including morebeer) want to charge me upwards of $26.00 kinda lame.

I just got my kit from the Grape and Granary (Grapeandgranary.com). Good service and they shipped to out here in the middle of the ocean. They didn't over charge for shipping.
fish

I read their shipping policy which is great for me since i live in a very rural area in Alaska. "We will not charge your credit card until we send and you accept a shipping quote. "

Niagara Traditional HomeBrew is the place to go in western New York, Buffalo area, also Buffalo Kegworks has a good selection of homebrewing supplies, equipment ect.

Southeastern, NJ's only fully stocked Homebrew Supply Shop. New Homebrew Supply Shop in Egg Harbor, NJ, Tap It Homebrew Supply. Wine and beer making supplies. Competitive prices, not your typical overpriced LHBS. Grains sold according to what your recipe calls for, not by the pound! Hops packaged in sealed, foil bags keeping oxygen, light and moisture out.

Online store coming soon, www.tapithomebrew.com. Until the webstore is set up, send email if you are interested in purchasing online, [email protected]

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com

this is a good site and good customer service. Although, my past few orders have taken time to process/ship. When I first started using them it was usually a 3 day turnaround time. Lately I am up to closer to 5-7 days. Guess their expansion slowed down the turn around time. BUT, their customer service is still #1 and product line great. So, I will just have to be patient. Anyone else experiencing this also?

Man I love Northern Brewer. I ordered from them on friday morning and am scheduled for delivery today. Its tuesday BTW. Four days from order to delivery.:rockin:

I've been looking at internet sites for the past 3 months or so trying to figure out what kit would be best for a beginner and what equipment I would want to start brewing with.

There is a lot to say about using a local supply house. I decided to stay local and use our local supplier here in Charlotte, Alternative Brewing (or Homebrew Adventures, as listed on the first page of this thread). I'm glad I went with them.

They were extremely helpful, gave me some good discounts and hopefully I'll get some good advice as I grow in this sport!

I usually use Austin, morebeer, or Northern Brewer, but last time I tried Midwest Supplies (only place I could find 2 gallon fermenters, plus prices are good) and I just have to say I had a very poor experience.
I got 4 of those 2 gallon buckets and they were all badly scratched on the bottom. I've heard scratched buckets are bad since they can harbor bacterias and when I emailed them they were just dismissive: "it's due to the manufacturing process." Maybe, but it sounded suspicious, and the scratches are not uniform or anything. They were willing to let me send it back, but I'd have to find a box that fit and it sounded like a pain so I decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Then on my next brew day as my wort was chilling and I was preparing the primary -- which was a 6g fermenter bucket, also from Midwest -- I couldn't get the spigot to fit into the spigot hole...I tried both the spigot it came with and a couple others, the hole was just a bit too small. I was able to finally get one in by a combination of jamming and twisting but then it leaked! When I emailed Midwest back I got another dismissive response: "they are drilled smaller on purpose...twist it in."

Again, they offered to let me return it, but by then I'd thrown away the box and it still wasn't worth tracking down shipping material for a few dollars.

Of course at bottling time as I was using the capper I'd gotten from Midwest to replace my cheap one I noticed it was somewhat crooked -- and sure enough all the caps were going on lopsided and not airtight.

Anyway, I've rarely had problems before with any equipment, and the times I have the other online shops have really been great about sending me replacements immediately. It's not even the cost -- I don't have an LHBS so if I get bad equipment it can be a disaster.

Just wanted to see if anyone's had similar issues...otherwise maybe this is a warning, or maybe it was just terrible luck.

I usually use Austin, morebeer, or Northern Brewer, but last time I tried Midwest Supplies (only place I could find 2 gallon fermenters, plus prices are good) and I just have to say I had a very poor experience.

Just wanted to see if anyone's had similar issues...otherwise maybe this is a warning, or maybe it was just terrible luck.

I order from Midwest Supplies and I've never had a single problem. Even when I griped that I thought the yeast they sent me wasn't viable they offered to replace it. Pretty much every piece of equipment I own I got from them.

They are very helpful on the phone...rather than e-mail try calling them next time.

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com

this is a good site and good customer service. Although, my past few orders have taken time to process/ship. When I first started using them it was usually a 3 day turnaround time. Lately I am up to closer to 5-7 days. Guess their expansion slowed down the turn around time. BUT, their customer service is still #1 and product line great. So, I will just have to be patient. Anyone else experiencing this also?

I just ordered from them, I put my order in one night and it was out by the end of the next business day! I also dont have a crusher yet and I find their crush is better than what I got at morebeer

I just wanted to add that morebeer ships for free. It's unbelievable. It makes mail ordering bulk ingredients online cost-effective. I ordered 300+ pounds of grain from them a couple weeks ago and they shipped it all via UPS for free. Add to that that they have just about everything you could possibly want. You can basically build a small commercial brewery out of their catalog and the bar from which to serve your beer, too. They are the best of the best, IMO.

10-4!,I have been brewing for 8 yrs.,and they are the only brew shop I use.
They have three shops,Concord,Ca.,Los Altos,Ca., and Riverside,Ca..They also have a brew-chat forum,these guys rock.
CHEERS!

Quality wine and ale. Just a quick vote of support for them.

Quality Wine and Ale

They were the place that got me started with most of my beginner, extract only kit.

I've used them for hard to get hops and ingredients that they seem to have when no one else does.

Prices have always been good, at least for me. Your mileage may vary.
'
Cheers

Lucas

The guys at Rebel Brewer are great. The prices are generally less than Northern and Midwest. They are are in Nashville, Im in Kentucky and get my order next day. More than once I have forgotten something when ordering, I have called them and they tell me to just order it and select instore pickup and they throw it in to save on shipping.

I couldn't find them in this thread, but I just discovered http://www.goodbrewing.com. From talking with them, they've been open for a while, but I just discovered them for myself. It's nice to finally find a home brew supplier in NYC that delivers, and their customer service is fantastic. Their prices are even better than the store that I was making treks to in NJ...

E.C.Kraus Independence,mo. Free shipping on orders over 25.00 been around since mid 60's. These people have the best Fermenter on the market.:mug:

Just checked out a new place up in Toledo, Ohio. Planned on running up and back quick, ended up sampling beers and BS'ing for over 2 hours. Was a blast.

Not to mention the awesome prices on the Kegs I went up there for.

Thanks to Scott (Co-Owner) for the great day.

http://www.brewsuppliesdirect.com/

I didn't see them on here, but after 28 pages I can promise I was less than thorough.

Anyway, BierWineHaus International is a great place to buy home brewing supplies in Erie, PA. I bought my 1st kit up there (they carry Brewers Best), and the owner was great. He was very helpful, knew what he was talking about and wasn't afraid to explain anything I didn't know for my first brew. He also didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need and tried to keep my costs down.

Here is his web site: http://bierhaus.zoovy.com/

It isn't the greatest website design but everything is listed there but you would be better off calling or if you are in the area just stopping in.

His prices don't seem to steep either. Thought I would just add him to the list (if he's not already on here).

I normally use Firefox as my browser, and I too, couldn't log onto Northern Brewer's website. No-go with Opera, either... Tried Internet Explorer and got in...

Back