What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sup!

I'm half into my second Shiner Bohemian Black Lager...this is a FINE beer.

Just about perfect IMHO.

DUDE!!! Haven't seen you here in awhile. Welcome back.

I just got home.

I went to the Dog & Pony Alehouse tonight where I had

Pliny the Elder
Big Al's Abbey Wheat
Boundary Bay Dry Hopped Amber
Lost Abbey Isabelle Proximus
Bridgeport Hop Czar

Feelin' good. :mug:

Dude's Back! :rockin:

I'm drinking the last pint of my American Stout. The keg just kicked. Time to clean all the lines and faucets and put the Mai-Rye Bock on.

Big Sky Moose Drool - A great easy drinking brown ale. Biscuity, toasty and a slight roast character. Very nice

Breckenridge 471 Double IPA

mmm mmm good.

I'm a wuss...That stuff is like Bag-In-a-box syrup of beer concentrate.

I'm drinking an Apfelwein Spritzer on Ice....That's Apfelwein (8%) mixered with Mogan David Raspberry (12%) Served in a 16 oz Pills Glass with Ice....

Can ya tell it takes a few to make a few?

3rd shifter drinking my American Brown Ale. Came in a little higher then expected O.G. Oh well....... just a quicker :drunk: for me :cross:

Southern Tier Unearthly IPA. Not to bad. One of my fall backs if the beer store is closed and the Grocery store is still open. Nice and balanced but a little too sweet. Leaves me with sticky lips!

Had a Breckenridge Vanilla Porter last night.

vomit-smiley-015.gif

What to do with the other three bottles?

...Stone IPA

(Yeah, I didn't like the Breckenridge Vanilla Porter either... cool label though.)

I'm having one of my few remaining glasses of of first-batch apfelwein. It's been in the keg 2 weeks, checked today and we have maybe a gallon left...somebody's been drinking after I go to bed!

Gonna have to get more started, it's awesome.

Racer 5 IPA...good stuff from the Bear Republic. Incredible lacing, looks like my glass was painted white from the inside. Also had some samples from my Blonde and Stout on their way into kegs.

Sierra Nevada's 2008 Anniversary.

Meh. I don't feel cheated, at least.

Anniversary this year is good...but on tap it's AMAZING! I don't know why it's not as good in the bottle, but I had it on tap last night and it was fantastic. Hmmm, maybe it was the two pints of Southern Hemisphere I had before that...

Let's continue the California brews

Lagunitas Lucky #13

A great big Red Ale. Similar to Red Rocket, but not as over the top. Nicely balanced. Big, but easy drinking.

In honor of my ribbon at the 2008 LA County Fair with one of my stouts, I am currently drinking Marin Brewing Co's San Quentin's Breakout Stout. Full of dark chocolate, coffee and nicely balanced.

Orval :rockin:

Orval 002.jpg

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times. If someone told me that I could only drink one beer for the rest of my life, This would be it!

For me, this is the perfect beer. The perfect balance of bitter, tart, horseblanket, barnyard, new mown hay, etc, etc...

The perfect end to another great day of Brewery construction. :mug:

I believe I'll have to tackle another of the finest American Amber Ale ever created - Ballast Point's Calico Amber. I just love the stuff.

With any luck, my Amber I brewed this weekend will be in the ballpark.

Had one of my buddy's Jasper Murdock's Whistling Pig Red Ale clones tonight, his first solo brew, while we bottled his second. He made the unfortunate mistake of serving it in a frosted mug. After I let it sit, it was quite good. Nice smoky flavor.

And I sampled his Hoegaarden clone that we bottled. Never had it before. Quite a bit of orange flavor. Nice.

I don't have enough homebrew to be self-sustaining just yet so I'm forced to buy and drink beer to get more reusable bottles :tank: I know, it's a tough job...

Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale tonight. mmmm :mug:

Moylan's Moylander Double IPA

Hop aroma jsut from opening the bottle. Intense hop aroma, dank, orangy, pine. Amber orange with a thin creamy off-white head. Bitter, more of the piney, orange hop flavor. Not too sweet but a big mouthfeel, finish is bitter. A good example of Double IPA.

Back