What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fan came in the mail today. Finally getting around to building my stir plate. View attachment 211800

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks for posting that. I was looking for a decent setup to get a stir plate built and that looks perfect. mine should be here tomorrow :D

Got the SCOBY for kombucha yesterday. Hopefully it didn't get too warm...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406846670.180804.jpg
GigaYeast Vermont IPA. I'm going to brew an ipa with a silly amount of Citra hops in it.

The Cooler Mash Tun, brew kettle and 2 bubblers are all new and got this week the rest Ive had for a bit :D First all grain brew to come soon!

14817651503_e5b4b942b2_c.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1406950942.550367.jpg

Free T-shirt.

If I learned anything from college, it's that I can easily be persuaded to volunteer on the promise of a free t-shirt.

God, I love free T-shirts.

Well, Morebeer came through again! I ordered their German hefe kit yesterday afternoon & it just got here @ 11:10AM this morning! I also got their black & tan trucker's cap with their logo as well. Needed some new caps for my burgeoning collection. Wanna get caps from all the sites i can, since being a home brewer makes it appropo. :ban::mug::ban:

Well, Morebeer came through again! I ordered their German hefe kit yesterday afternoon & it just got here @ 11:10AM this morning! I also got their black & tan trucker's cap with their logo as well. Needed some new caps for my burgeoning collection. Wanna get caps from all the sites i can, since being a home brewer makes it appropo. :ban::mug::ban:

I love Morebeer! They consistently deliver on or ahead of schedule. They have best grain and hops prices that I've found and they are very easy to work with. Northern Brewer is a close second, only for shipping fees.

I wish they had some partial mash hefe kits. I don't have a recipe for one yet. & Midwest has only one partial mash kit left out of a whole page full!? But this kit does contain a Bavarian wheat DME that I didn't know existed. So that's cool. But yeah, they are very fast!

photo_1.jpg
Got the rest of the ingredients I needed to re-brew fuzzymittenbrewing's hibiscus saison and a few others items I needed from Bell's general Store.

Christmas in August here! Got a Tower of power, 2 3 gallons PET carboy for SmaSh experiment, Burton salts, fermometers, 1/2 replacement auto- siphon, ph strips and a 250gigs SSD for the garage rig!

Got my new 15-1/2 gal BK with strainer basket today. The 8 gal BK is just too much trouble with BIAB & grain bills over about 12 lbs. Will be adding a ball valve, sight glass and recirculation system.

Brew on :mug:

Brew pots.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407284357.448843.jpg

My very first grain bill for my first time home brew!!! Takin a shot at a 3 Floyd's Zombie Dust All Grain recipe via BIAB method. Still waiting on my Citra Hops and yeast then it's off to get equipment and brew time baby!!!

2 big mouth bubblers, harnesses, bungs and stick on thermometers. Can't wait to fill these with a RI on Friday!

1407355317724.jpg

Temperature controller. Unfortunately, this fantastic Chinese company sent me a 12vDC model. Crap, now what? Get what you pay for I guess.

Current plan: Power inverter. Even if it runs off the computer power supply nearby, it'll work. You know, because all computers have a 12vdc cigarette lighter on the exterior of the chassis :rolleyes:

Yesterday...a replacement plastic big mouth bubbler that northern brewer sent after leaving a good review but noting thin sidewalls as being a point of curiousity/concern. They're a remarkable company.

Temperature controller. Unfortunately, this fantastic Chinese company sent me a 12vDC model. Crap, now what? Get what you pay for I guess.

Current plan: Power inverter. Even if it runs off the computer power supply nearby, it'll work. You know, because all computers have a 12vdc cigarette lighter on the exterior of the chassis :rolleyes:

Any old 12v wall wart you got lying around will do

8 vials of artisanal yeast from The Yeast Bay! This will be my first time using their yeasts, so I'm pretty excited! Cheers!

The wife's wine secondary carboy and a bottling wand for me. I don't normally bottle but it's nice to have a few bombers to take to a BBQ.

Nothing....not a damn thing!!! :mad: I'm waiting to make a brew before leaving town again and desperately need the order of hops. Oh well, I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Cheers,
AlfA01

Yeah I got a blender. It was suppose to be my kegs but FedEx delivered me the wrong box.
Imagine the guy thinking he is getting a blender and he gets beer kegs instead.
:mad:

I have that blender in Black. I wouldn't give up a couple kegs for it but it's nice.

Yeah fedex is a piece of crap and I'm not afraid to call them and tell them that every chance I get

not in the mail but from a friend of mine at work got me a really good deal on
50lb sacks of 2 row so I got 4 of them. Time to start brewing!!!

Yeah fedex is a piece of crap and I'm not afraid to call them and tell them that every chance I get

I'll take FedEx over UPS any day of the week. Lets just say their service and policies is reflected by the uniform colour. "We made you pay import duty and provincial taxes. Now you need to pay us $30 for the service of causing you that expense. Have a nice day." Get bent UPS.

On a happier note, 4 more kegs bringing my up to 6. :ban: That should keep things going for a while until I can justify the collar upgrade on the keezer. Always have something or another nearby and ready to drop in when a keg kicks.

I'll take FedEx over UPS any day of the week. Lets just say their service and policies is reflected by the uniform colour. "We made you pay import duty and provincial taxes. Now you need to pay us $30 for the service of causing you that expense. Have a nice day." Get bent UPS.

On a happier note, 4 more kegs bringing my up to 6. :ban: That should keep things going for a while until I can justify the collar upgrade on the keezer. Always have something or another nearby and ready to drop in when a keg kicks.

Ups costs way less than fedex and they don't call me a moron and hang up on me when they lose my package and I call them looking for it. Ups doesn't waste days of my time flying my package from Ohio to Arkansas just to send it to Mississippi then Tennessee before finally bringing by train to new orleans and then driving it to Baton Rouge to end up giving it to the post office to deliver because they couldn't find my address on the map. No sorry I'll take Ups any day of the week. At least I don't have to put a giant sticker on my door telling them to just leave the package if I'm not here. And I can digitally sign for my packages from the app if they need a signature at no extra cost to me.

Ups costs way less than fedex and they don't call me a moron and hang up on me when they lose my package and I call them looking for it. Ups doesn't waste days of my time flying my package from Ohio to Arkansas just to send it to Mississippi then Tennessee before finally bringing by train to new orleans and then driving it to Baton Rouge to end up giving it to the post office to deliver because they couldn't find my address on the map. No sorry I'll take Ups any day of the week. At least I don't have to put a giant sticker on my door telling them to just leave the package if I'm not here. And I can digitally sign for my packages from the app if they need a signature at no extra cost to me.

I agree. I cringe when I order online and see that the online shop uses fed ex. Ups manages to get my packages to my rural home no problem but fed ex almost always leaves them at the wrong address and then argues with me when I tell them I didnt receive the package.

I have to disagree completely. My last several orders from Amazon were shipped UPS & everyone was screwed up. On the last, they mysteriously sent my Next Day shipment via ground service!
Ultimately the Next Day pkg arrived ten days later & no attempt was made to even deliver it. They just sent it to their local station. No contact w/ me at all. I just let it sit until they returned it. Amazon had already resent via FEDEX which arrived on time!

Back